Royal Wedding...your thoughts ?

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
With the impending Royal Wedding nearly upon us what do you think ? . are you a royalist or not ? are you planning a day of festivities ? Do you think they make a good couple, is William handsome( just a question) is Kate Attractive ? is she too thin (my opinion Yes) , coat of arms for the new family bloodline ??? questions questions questions...your thoughts ???

I am not a Royalist but it seems to have gripped my friends, so i gave it some thought and with the last 10+ years of our country being sold to anyone and open to anyone a bit of good old British passionate knees up is just what the doctor ordered...:D

seems like this is a kick in the backside that proves we do indeed have a great country to be proud of ...just my humble opinion :thumb:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Couldn't give a b*llox about it really. Yet another persons life in the hands of the royals, she will never be free to do anything she wants to do.
Then there's the bits surrounding the wedding. complete chaos before it while all security gets beefed up in the country. 2 royals that will be more protected than our guys that are out fighting for this country. then for anybody that lives within 5 miles of the church, there will be no mobile coverage for two day incase of terrorist threats and mobiles been used to activate devices.
And then after the wedding for the next two weeks all you are going to see is them plastered all over everything, normall TV will be desturbed just to show some needless crap about them. Oh I could go on and on, but need to g eat me dinner.
Oh wait one last thing. You the tax payer are footing the bill for the whole thing. Think about it
. :cheers:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, thoughts as requested...

I have a word for the Royal family - parasites.

I couldn't give a tinker's cuss about any Royal Weddings.

This is Lady Di's son - correct? The one who watched his Mum get murdered by the papparazzi and MI5.

Kate's worth a snog I suppose, nice boatrace, decent figure, no idea what she's like though.

I think the only blood Royal who is slightly worthy of my admiration has been princess Anne.

But come the day - up against the wall with the blindfolds on, lol

Oh, I dunno, if the revenue they generate from touristy things is even just a little bit more than what they cost the country then I suppose they are sort of justified - but do they?

If they all met their ends tomorrow in a rather nasty train crash or whatever I would not shed one tear.

Well, you asked :)

Reaction score
I was a loyal royalist but the Charles/ Dina debarcal I suddenly realised that they are mere mortals the same as us with human faults and unlike us seem to be stuck in the 19 century frame of mind. Perhaps the young royals are a different generation and have become 21st century people only time will tell. The Queen I hold in high regard as she has and still is a great ambassidor for the United Kingdom. I am totaly ambiviolent about the upcoming wedding except it is two young people in love I wish them happiness and a long life together the same as I would wish any one getting married, but I do not know what all the fuss is all about , and yes I am an old bahh humbug old s** (gentleman)I wont be going to any street party or watch it on tv:eek:

Reaction score
I have been invited to a party on the 29th. A garden party/BBQ by a friend. A friend I don't really see a lot of. Yes I will be attending it more so to see her and her family again as it's been a while and I will be taking my son as well. So not really to celebrate but more as a get together of friends and family and too indulge in some great food

Oh yes, I too think Kate is quite the lovely young Lady. If she is as kind and charming as she is lovely then William is a lucky man indeed!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yes, basically, I am a royalist but there are just too many of them on the free hand outs. Keep Queenie but make the rest of them fend for themselves.

But weddings, and particularly royal weddings, that are on TV all day are not for me. I will be going out hiking over the moors with my packed lunch. In fact, I have been ordered out of the house by my missus who just loves these sort of things. So we will both be happy. :)

I would always wish any newly married couple well but I just hope that it really does work out for them. I mean, marrying in to that dysfunctional family has often been a catastrophe for all concerned. (Di murdered by MI5?????)

There is to be a "street party" but I won't be going (unless I'm dragged there with my arm up my back).

Reaction score
One of the things I object to in these days of austerity is that the tax payer is paying for the security, it is a family wedding we don't expect the state to pay for the security of normal family weddings. They could have had a family wedding in St Georges Chappel at Windsor Castle and to cost the tax payer any way near what it is costing in London. I think it is a government ploy who thinks if there is a big spectial over this the people of this country will have parties etc and feel happy forgetting that most of the people are fearfull of losing their jobs because the govermment have made such good job of telling us what a bad state we are in. I was going to say a lot more but realised I was ranting |(sorry)

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Oh, I dunno, if the revenue they generate from touristy things...
Uh... what? Like... t-shirts? :fool:

Point is, I don't believe that things & stuff associated with monarchy are much of an attraction. Warm beer is. "LOOK LEFT" is.

:p

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Q. Do they make a good couple?
A. Well they certainly seem to have genuine feelings for each other - unlike the Charles and Di fiasco.

Q. Is William handsome?
A. Maybe in a Bugs Bunny sort of way... (will I be sent to the Tower...?)

Q. Is Kate attractive/too thin?
A. Yes, she is very attractive/pretty. Would be a pity if she was deliberately losing weight though (as opposed to wedding nerves reducing her appetite, that is.)

As for this huge wedding fuss... it's not even as if William is the immediate heir to the throne, whilst his Dad is still next in line. I think Bootneck makes a good point when he says they could have held a private family wedding in St. Georges Chappel, Windsor. It would have made more sense, when everyone is being told to "tighten belts" and in some cases, live on reduced earnings, etc.

I wish them well as a couple, :cheers:but no, we have no plans to be glued to the telly all day. As for street parties, we haven't heard about any taking place locally.

Reaction score
I am proud to be a royalist.

Proud to be British, and above all it is one of the few
Things left that is truly a British tradition.:thumb:

Reaction score
I`m not a full blooded Royalist,I wish them no harm.As for the young couple getting wed,well I wish them all the best and they`ll need it, what with all the flunkies hanging about and protocol to follow. But over all I think this country has the best type of head of state. If you look around the world i.e Africa (nows there a joke) The middle east,even the EU,at their heads of state just to see what a bargain we have in the Royal Family. Can you imagine a president Blair,Brown or Cameron?
historian

Reaction score
Good luck to them & hope the press give them both some freedom at least while William is on RAF Search & Rescue duties which may take a lot of his time up.

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
In an era where political correctness supposedly prevails, it seems to contradict the concept when you engage in a bunch of hoopla simply because your blood is supposedly better than everyone elses. (pretty sure it's all red and we all bleed the same)

The whole "Royalty" concept has outlived its welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Even on this side of the pond money still gets frittered away paying homage to a figurehead who in all honesty has absolutely zero influence or control over what we do.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I am proud to be a royalist.

Proud to be British, and above all it is one of the few
Things left that is truly a British tradition.:thumb:

There are currently 39 active Royal Families around the World amongst them is one for Zulus.

British? ;) << Link

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Go back through the years of so called royals, what did they do / F8ck all but kill and anything that got them to take over 3/4 of the world to create an empire.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Well, as expected a broad difference in opinions all valid.. When i was a young boy i loved playing footy in the "Big Goals" reserved for sunday footballers and dreaming of playing for the mighty potters (Stoke City for the ignorant). I spent my whole young life playing footy and playing "free games" like Rally-O Bingo ..Kirby etc.etc..then having a sink ( sorry bath in the sink) then in my adult life what seemed great about my life suddenly became biased by politics...influx by Immigration ..... and Privatisation etc etc...I feel we as a country need to get together and enjoy our unique heritage and history and we have to admit the royals were the focal point of it all....Just feel i may enjoy this day and remeber it..like when i was little .Wills and Harry for me are breaking the protocol ..cmon Harry`s a right p**ss head lol

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By EvanDavis
Go back through the years of so called royals, what did they do / F8ck all but kill and anything that got them to take over 3/4 of the world to create an empire

agree , but in a funny sort of way , why didnt we kick the spanish out of spain and base ourselves there ...instead of this crap weather country...lol even the early crusaders were a numpty alcoholic bunch who fought today and went back home forgetting what they fought for, just like the present day inhabitants of this looney island .We beat the zulus in a cushty temperature zone and then fleet footed..lol Britain eh :thumb: