Routing external mouse/key clicks in presenter view

G

My question is from my point-of-view as an AV tech in fairly large conferences where multiple presentations are being loaded onto a single machine for projection and control - sometimes as many as 80 in a single day

Presenter view gives the control needed. Show is on the secondary output, whilst clicks are done on the main screen. I would like to route clicks from an external pair of hardware buttons (via keyboard simulation) to the presentation (we have this hardware) whilst AT THE SAME TIME using the mouse to load new files, ready forlater presentation

Can do this by human intervention and some swift window swapping, but I'm struggling to automatically route (say) left and right arrow clicks to the show, whilst retaining mouse movement and click for the loading process

Maybe some external software or op system trick

Many Thank
As

T

TAJ Simmons

Ash,

Why not just string all the presentations together in one seamless "master" show. But...won't the templates mess up with
all the different powerpoint files from different presenters...I hear you say. No it's possible to string everything
together.

See
http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com/powerpointlinking.htm

You could probably have about 2 files it you don't want to get everything ready before hand for the whole day.

Say a "morning-master-show" and a "after-dinner-master-show" kinda thing

Cheers
TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp

awesome - powerpoint backgrounds,
free powerpoint templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc
http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com

Ash said:
My question is from my point-of-view as an AV tech in fairly large conferences where multiple presentations are being
loaded onto a single machine for projection and control - sometimes as many as 80 in a single day.
Presenter view gives the control needed. Show is on the secondary output, whilst clicks are done on the main screen. I
would like to route clicks from an external pair of hardware buttons (via keyboard simulation) to the presentation (we
have this hardware) whilst AT THE SAME TIME using the mouse to load new files, ready forlater presentation.
Can do this by human intervention and some swift window swapping, but I'm struggling to automatically route (say) left
and right arrow clicks to the show, whilst retaining mouse movement and click for the loading process.

Ask a Question