Ross and Russell Brand

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
One down one to go !

Lets hope they get rid of Ross that HALF A MILLION POUNDS A MONTH THAT THEY PAY HIM can go towards some decent entertainment then.

:D

Reaction score
historian said:
It seems that RB has now opted to leave the BBC forthwith,so his radio "show" is over.
As for JR he has been suspended and his "show" on friday night has been cancelled so
it will not now go to air.
I have never ever seen any value in either of them,so for me they will not be missed.
historian

Russle Brand resigned from his BBC show..Yet Channel 4 arestanding by him..The Barclay Banker spokesman for C4 even tried to defend him on the news tonight, saying things were been taken out of context...As if...I know where he drinks..mmmm I wonder, should I or shouldn't I..? As for Ross ..Are both his shows been withdrawn../ I fricking hope so..

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I think it was horrible what they did, and both deserve the sack, arrested and fined, the BBC should be fined.

Also i think the BBC needs to take a good look at itself.

Even in a pre-recorded show there is a producer to say what they can and can't do, where was he/she????

It was pre-recorded, why put it out on the air????

About 3 people complained when it was aired, then it was in the paper, 20,000 people complain, you didn't even hear it!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish to complain about the release of Nelson Mandela, he bombed a bus load of people you know!!!! I am too late???

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
I wish to complain about the release of Nelson Mandela, he bombed a bus load of people you know!!!! I am too late???

Not even going to attempt to say anything here for fear of getting Banned..

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Well if anyone gets offended then i apologise and if i'm told to edit then i will.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This whole thing started, incidentally, because a 78 year old actor didn't turn up to be interviewed on their show.

They acted like two spoiled brats, trying desperately to prove how funny, how hard, and how great they were, and only suceeded in making fools of themselves. Jonathan Ross should really acknowledge he won't see age 45 again and trying to be a 'lad' really doesn't suit him.

As I said earlier I'm disappointed with Ross cos when I used to watch telly I quite admired him. Oh well.

I know very little about South Africa. My own simplified view is for years the dutch/english/whites subdued the blacks.

Then this Nelson Mandela character, who I'd never heard of previously, was set free after 25 years in nick and shortly thereafter SA had a new Goverment and a new way of life.

As I said, I know little of Nelson mandela but as a liberal whitey admired this guy who still had spirit after 25 years of being locked up and was an inspiration to the 'liberation of the black endemic population of South Africa'.

That's how I see/saw it, anyway, but I'm uneducated in SA affairs.

In Greenwich Town Market centre there's a pub called the Coach & Horses, I still go there regularly. In the eighties I drank there regularly and done many Discos there, five Christmnas Eves on the trot.

A lady, we shall call her Emma, ran the pub at that time. After her tenure there, she decided to spend her savings and set up home in SA. She had divorced her husband a year earlier and left for Cape town with her then young daughter.

They settled on the outskirts of Johannesburg, she ran a pub in the town centre. After the substantial deposit she laid down on her home from her savings, her mortgage payments were low, work was steady, the weather was fine and life was good.

While she was there, the changes happened.

About five years ago she and her daughter, now in her early twenties, were woken in the early hours of the morning by a gang of four black men weilding machettes standing over their bed. They told her they were trespassers in their land and they were the country's true countrymen and had come to take what was truly theirs.

They tied them and gagged them and ransacked the house, loading lots of valuables into a van which was driven away. The two men left then took the daughter and rolled her up in a carpet and took her downstairs to the outside of another van.

They told Emma they were going to take her away, repeatedly gang rape her then kill her. They were leaving Emma alive 'to spread the message that whites aren't welcome here'.

They put the rolled up carpet in the back of the van but the van wouldn't start. So they walked off on foot, leaving the carpet behind.

Within a week Emma and her daughter were back in Greenwich, wishing they'd never left.

Not sure how they're getting on now, haven't seen them for awhile, but I guess at least they're both still alive.

And that's my South African story.

Truth be told, I'm disppointed with it, cos I'm one of those who like to see a noble underdog re-establish themselves. I am not racist, hopefully regulars here will acknowledge that, I sincerely like human beings.

But that story, as far as I know, is the truth. You may sometimes rescue people from opression but then they may very well turn around and bite you. Kinda like a rabid dog.

I'm just telling as I know, I do not wish for people to point and make negative comments but sadly that's the way things are sometimes.

And now I'm wondering how we went from Jonathan Ross and some uppity young comedian to South Africa :confused:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Common link is they are two very sad tales about human behavior.

user.gif

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi Flopps,

Was trying to make a point of people complaining after the fact, however i guess i should pick my points a little better.

I too liked Jonathan Ross, not for his comedy but for taking over the Film show on the BBC, he knows his stuff and is quite obviously an avid film fan like myself.

I think Russell Brand has done well to overcome Heroin and i think he is quite funny, i have his DVD, however the behaviour of both is inexcusable, but i think its a little weak how the nation is up in arms, when most knew nothing about it.

Reaction score
IMO they are both crap now!

Brand i never really liked anyway tbh, Ross was ok at times

Inexcusable behaviour! Disgusted!!!!!!!!!!!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I also thought Ross was quite good in the Film Show. Brand I never really liked. Still you can not like everyone and it is good that the world is full of different characters.

The point is the nation is forced into paying these idiots and the idiots who produced their show. An the nation has shown that they do not like thier behaviour. Let them go all of them and see if they can prosper in the commercial world. There are plenty of talented people out there who would love the opportunity to work for the BBC for less money than those turkeys.

If you think this is a ho ha about nothing . Imagine that you and your family had to endure pranks like that. Think about it for a while and you may see what the fuss is about.

user.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Was trying to make a point of people complaining after the fact, however i guess i should pick my points a little better.

One thing which might be said in defense of the "late complainers" is that actual video footage revealed the extent of the 'prank,' as did the coverage given to this incident by the News and press. Therefore, I think people were quite justified in making their feelings known, even after the event and particularly when it became known that there had been failings of the part of the BBC production staff, etc., who decided to air the pre-recorded show "warts and all" simply because it was considered to be "edgy."

I used to like the JR Friday night TV shows, he used to be witty and funny...but, over time, his "humour" seemed to hinge upon how many 'f' (and worse) words he could fit into any sentence....plus his apparent obsession with his - er - naughty bits! :rolleyes: Some of his celebrity guests could hardly manage to get a word in edgeways, against his constant prattle - which was mostly self-centred anyway. I don't shock easily, I'm not a prude either, but I do get bored when a talk-show host can't manage to raise the level of chat above adolescent playground stuff. As Abarbarian commented, let's see the license payer's money going on some better entertainment for a change. :nod:

Bring back "The Simpsons" I say :lol:

Reaction score
They are finished!!

They should both retire and move somewhere out of the way of the viewing public

Waste of time the pair of them

F'n Idiots

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Ross gets three months ban. Huh! big deal. It's just a three month holiday for him and then he's back to raking in your money and mine again.

Many years ago Kenny Everett was instantly sacked for jokingly suggesting that the then Transport Minister's wife had slipped the examiner £5 to let her through her driving test.

The BBC is terrified that Ross will sue them if he's sacked and he certainly has the money to take them on in the courts thanks to the obscene amount that the BBC give him. Crazy isn't it ?