Event ID: 0
Date: 18/09/2003
Time: 17:30:46
User: N/A
Computer: ENTERFAC-X0I9C5
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The
local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use
the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
details. The following information is part of the event: 6.
Data:
0000: 3f 3f d1 2a 9f e5 92 2d ??Ñ*Ÿå’-
0008: 8a 3f d9 22 ee e9 9a e5 Š?Ù"îéšå
0010: 2e 2f c1 3a f3 f1 82 3d ./Á:óñ‚=
0018: 20 02 5b 72 f9 f9 8a 35 .[rùùŠ5
0020: 1e 1f f1 0a c3 c1 b2 0d ..ñ.ÃÁ².
0028: 06 17 79 3d f4 c9 bb 05 ..y=ôÉ».
0030: 0e 0f e1 1a d3 d1 a2 1d ..á.ÓÑ¢.
0038: 06 07 e9 12 db d9 aa 15 ..é.ÛÙª.
0040: 7e bf 91 6a a3 a1 d2 6d ~¿‘j£¡Òm
0048: 09 6b 66 9d 99 e9 25 9a .kf™é%š
0050: 91 90 7e 85 b3 b1 c2 7d ‘~…³±Â}
0058: 66 67 89 72 bb b9 ca 75 fg‰r»¹Êu

Jimmy S.

Hi Duble,

Why doesn't the driver suite for your chipset install?
Are there any error messages?
Did you try installing in safe mode?

--
Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

| Hi,
|
| I bought this game yesterday, and it seems to randomly crash. I have updated
| all of my drivers, apart from my NForce 2 chipset (which wouldn't install
| properly). I get the following error report in Event Viewer-System.
|
| Any ideas of where I should start looking? I have updated the game, and my
| Win XP Pro installation is totally up-to-date also.
|
| Thanks
|
| JW
|
| Event Type: Error
| Event Source:
| Event Category: None
| Event ID: 0
| Date: 18/09/2003
| Time: 17:30:46
| User: N/A
| Computer: ENTERFAC-X0I9C5
| The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The
| local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
| DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use
| the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
| details. The following information is part of the event: 6.
| Data:
| 0000: 3f 3f d1 2a 9f e5 92 2d ??Ñ*Yå'-
| 0008: 8a 3f d9 22 ee e9 9a e5 S?Ù"îéså
| 0010: 2e 2f c1 3a f3 f1 82 3d ./Á:óñ,=
| 0018: 20 02 5b 72 f9 f9 8a 35 .[rùùS5
| 0020: 1e 1f f1 0a c3 c1 b2 0d ..ñ.ÃÁ².
| 0028: 06 17 79 3d f4 c9 bb 05 ..y=ôÉ».
| 0030: 0e 0f e1 1a d3 d1 a2 1d ..á.ÓÑ¢.
| 0038: 06 07 e9 12 db d9 aa 15 ..é.ÛÙª.
| 0040: 7e bf 91 6a a3 a1 d2 6d ~¿'j£¡Òm
| 0048: 09 6b 66 9d 99 e9 25 9a .kfTé%s
| 0050: 91 90 7e 85 b3 b1 c2 7d '~.³±Â}
| 0058: 66 67 89 72 bb b9 ca 75 fg?r»¹Êu
|
| --
| JW
| See my photography exploits at: http://www.essexchurches.co.uk
| To email me, simply remove NO--SPAM from my reported email address!

Duble

Jimmy S. said:
Hi Duble,

Why doesn't the driver suite for your chipset install?
Are there any error messages?
Did you try installing in safe mode?

--
It does install, but then when I restart, it immediately reboots just before
the initial Windows XP screen appears.

Jimmy S.

Hi,

Okay, try installing the chipset drivers again, there might
be a readme included with the download, or provided at
the site you downloaded them from with installation tips.

Install those drivers in Safe Mode, and without running
your Antivirus software.

Check your Event Viewer if an problem occurs to see
what could be error that's causing the installation to fail.

Hope this helps. Good luck Duble! :)