Ris: drivers for you nic are not contained within the os image

ed

Ris: drivers for your nic are not contained within the os image
I have searched the Microsoft KB article Q246184 for this error message and
have taken the proper procedures to resolve it.... but to no avail. I am
looking for another set of eyes to see something I do not. Below is the
section from my ristndrd.sif file that points to the drivers in the
$oem$\$1\drivers folder. I have tried to switch on and off the driver
signing policy for it and that does not work. Any help would be greatly
appreciated, Thank you in advance.

systems are dell dimensions, broadcom nics
server dell 600sc "2 nics" though ris has worked before and still working on
an older optiplex machine.

directory structure
RemoteInstall\Setup\Language\Images\Dir_name\I386\Templates\Ristndrd.sif
....\windows\$oem$\$1\Drivers\Nic
....\windows\i386\images

[Unattended]
;DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
OemPreinstall = yes
OemPnpDriversPath = Drivers\Nic
FileSystem = LeaveAlone
ExtendOEMPartition = 0
TargetPath = \WINDOWS
OemSkipEula = yes
InstallFilesPath = "\\%SERVERNAME%\RemInst\%INSTALLPATH%\%MACHINETYPE%"
LegacyNIC = 1

Again thank you in advance

ed

Thank you, Andrew, I neglected to mention that in my earlier post, I have
copied them to the i386 folder and used the command prompt, net stop binlsvc
and then net start binlsvc, both of those commands have worked. Still no
drivers contained within the images. If you have any other suggestions let
me know.

ed

David Andrews said:
You need to copy the driver .inf and .sys files directly into the i386
folder that contains the RIS setup files. Then, you need to restart
the "boot information negotiation layer" service on the RIS server.

"ed" <[email protected]> wrote in message
[...]

Risrollout

Your driver folder needs to be at the same level as the i386 folder (i.e.
RemoteInstall\setup\english\image\Dell\$oem$\$1\Drivers\Net\E1000 ----Remote
Install\setup\english\image\Dell\i386)
And your SIF file portion should be somthing like this.

UnattendMode = FullUnattend
DriverSigningPloicy = Ignore
Oempnpdriverspath = \drivers\net\e1000
OemPreinstall = yes
FileSystem = LeaveAlone
ExtendOEMPartition = 0
TargetPath = \WINDOWS
OemSkipEula = yes
InstallFilesPath = "\\%SERVERNAME%\RemInst\%INSTALLPATH%\%MACHINETYPE%"
LegacyNIC = 1
Try that and I think it will cure your problem.