Ripping Audio CD's advice needed

Reaction score
I want to rip all my CD's to my harddrive. I have copied occasional CD's to my harddrive through Windows Media Player 9 but it does take 5-10mins roughly for each CD.

But if I was to rip all my CD's this could take hours and days, if done through Media Player.
Also I have thought about naming my CD's this will be very annoying!

Does anyone have any ideas how I can rip the CD's quicker? Is there a programe anyone knows of which is better than Windows Media Player9?

cheers

p.s I just noticed that when I name each folder it gets changed automaticaly to 'Unknown Artist' blah blah blah Ohhhhh soo annoying just spent ages renaming all the folders. Think it is something to do with Media player update through the Internet! What can I do?

Reaction score
I belive that you may be able to rip CDs with the latest registered version of win amp

Ive never tried it though.. so i dont know if it will suit your needs

In the future..(When i have the time...)...I Would like to make some MP3 CDs.. With all the tags and stuff.. its just that the audio system in the front room supports MP3 tags..and it looks quite cool when the name and such scrolls across... well you have to take advantage of technology these days dont you..:)

Reaction score
lol ur a funny bloke!

such a shame that you are stuck in a small hole..........

did u know where im from there is meant to be a rat like 50yards away from me anywhere i go?

Reaction score
PSD.. lol with all those rats...you dont live next door to the Pied Pieper.. In Hamlen town do you?..:)

Reaction score
Ahh PSD .....Rats 50 Yards away .. i have it now... you must be Near the House Of Commons....:)

Last edited:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
If you have the proper albums (i.e not home made or pirate) media player should name them for you.

I copy my CDs onto my HD through WMP9 and it didnt take too long (around 60 CD's). I copy them a 128 quality, which is near on perfect.

There is a good CD ripping program called "Audio Grabber" which im sure you could get from download.com.

Reaction score
in GB, in a massive hole near you, im really a mice in disguise and im ready to capture you.........

when the cats are away the mice can play! so enjoy yourself while u can.................

Reaction score
the pied piper.........he is my cousin we both have an infatuation with little mice like you............

Reaction score
cheers reefsmoker. how long did it take you?
ive got abt 40 cds here............ and im ripping em on 128quality aswell.

some are original im hoping their information will come up.
where some are home made audio cd's which is gona be a mission

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
It took me around 20 seconds a track (average length of track was about 4 minutes).

I'm not 100% sure how long it took because i spanned it out over 3 days, because i got bored and wanted to play games!

But if you take your time, do a couple of CD's every so often, it wont seem to take as long ;).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Also try dbPowerAmp & Cdex

I don't know a short cut for copied CD's though, I actually name each folder and track manually, which does take a long time, I must admit. Looks good seeing the titles scroll across on the car CD player though.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
One of the best and FREE ripper is dBPowerAMP, it is fast and come with LAME encoder built-in for creating MP3's and that too lightning fast.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Sorry forgot to add to my post earlier that dBPowerAMP can automatically use the internet and download the album details so that you need not write the artist and track names. What else do you want for FREE?

Reaction score
yes good point ive got that damp programme.
it does look good

the only problem i can see is that it rips each track into one folder
whereas i would like each cd to have its own folder not just one folder with 100's of tracks

maybe i can play around with the settings to get it to work

just really annoyed rite now as im copying my cd's using mp9 each song is going into just 1 folder so a cd of 18 songs is creating 18 folders one cd in each folder. then at the end i have to copy each track and pasten them all into one folder! this is really pi***** me off rite now any ways around it? i dont get why its doing this

Reaction score
Spooky Mouse said:
Well.... I just hope it's not of a sexual nature!!..

no no my friend I can assure you it is nothing of a sexual nature, as i just do not find mice attractive. infact i think that they are MINGING!!!!!!!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Gentlemen please, please stay on topic

Thank you very much

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99:

Just create a folder for each CD then browse to location when ripping. Or is you too lazy for dat? :D

Reaction score
lol well floppybootstomp when u got lots and lots of cds to rip yes im too lazy for that

good point but thats just too many of a mission for me! im still using wmp9 and its really annpoying me now.

for each track its creating a new folder, but at the end of the cd all the tracks are going into one folder. but then im left with the hassle of deleting the remaiing 18-19 folders. i have to keep checking to make sure each folder i delete is empty! humbug this is annoying me now

Reaction score
Ok PSD Peace Dude!...

Heres a link .. i dont know if its any good to you as i think it may be dated... But CD ripping software basically Just does the same thing as any other CD Ripping Software... Try it anyway .. it just came up in a search..

www.mp3-cdburner.com/Ripping-CDs-and-Converting-MP3s.shtml

Oh and dont pick on mice just because there smaller than you!!........ They can still bite your ankles!!..:)

Take care anyway
All The Best

Last edited:

Ask a Question