Reviewing Toolbar

Keith Steinbrueck

I just upgraded to Excel 2003 and the Reviewing toolbar
came up selected the first time I used it. I unselected
this toolbar, but it keeps appearing every time I start
Excel again.

Even after unselecting the Reviewing toolbar, someone sent
me an Excel file and the Reviewing toolbar automatically
appeared on my screen again.

Any ideas why the Reviewing toolbar automatically
reappears? And can I keep this toolbar permanently hidden?

Thanks in advance

Ron de Bruin

Hi Keith

You can use this line to disable it
Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Enabled = False
Set it to true to use it again

Or check out this from Jim Rech

From: Jim Rech ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Reviewing Toolbar
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc
Date: 2003-01-09 04:22:21 PST

Actually I believe the annoying popup Reviewing toolbar is triggered by
certain custom file properties. Go into File, Properties and the Custom
tab. There you will probably find several custom properties that begin with
underscores (as I recall). If you delete them and save the workbook and
close the Reviewing toolbar, I think the next time you open the workbook the
toolbar will not appear.

And if you want a macro to clean this up, Jim posted this:
http://groups.google.com/[email protected]