From: Jim Rech ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Reviewing Toolbar
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc
Date: 2003-01-09 04:22:21 PST

Actually I believe the annoying popup Reviewing toolbar is triggered by
certain custom file properties. Go into File, Properties and the Custom
tab. There you will probably find several custom properties that begin with
underscores (as I recall). If you delete them and save the workbook and
close the Reviewing toolbar, I think the next time you open the workbook the
toolbar will not appear.

And if you want a macro to clean this up, Jim posted this:
http://groups.google.com/[email protected]

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

TM said:
When I open documents from others, the Reviewing Tool Bar is automatically inserted. I can easily turn this back off by
right-click/uncheck, but is there a way to just keep it from starting up, period?

In what area do you make the following change:
application.comandBars(Reviewing").Enabled = False

I never use it and prefer to turn it off.

Ron de Bruin

You can run this in a macro

Sub test()
Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Enabled = False
End Sub

Alt-F11
Insert>Module from the menubar
paste the sub in there
Alt-Q to go back to Excel

If you do Alt-F8 you get a list of your macro's
Select "test" and press Run

Ron de Bruin

After you run the macro one time you can delete the workbook with this macro.
You can see in View>Toolbars that it is not in the list anymore