Retrieve List of Components (e.g., DataSets)

M

Mark Olbert

(this didn't seem to post, so I'm trying again)

How do the various IDE actions which retrieve lists of DataSets, and referenced DataSets, from
within the IDE work? I want to be able to "borrow" the methodology so I can "scan" the active
project for components of an arbitrary defined type (e.g., MyComponent).

I've looked through (some) of the IDE macro examples, and can see how to retrieve the various source
code files. However, I don't think that would meet my needs, as the source code files don't "know"
what type of object they are.

One way that could work, I think, is to find the assembly for the current active project, load it,
and then look through all its types looking for objects of type, e.g., MyComponent. However, I
haven't been able to see how, using the VSNET "library" (i.e., EnvDTE), to find that assembly. I
guess I could always just assume it's in the subdirectory bin/Debug or bin/Release (I'm only
concerned about Windows.Forms applications here) of the project directory, with the same name as the
project, but that sounds a little kludgy.

Is there a way to identify the active project assembly from using EnvDTE?

- Mark

G

Gary Chang

Hi Mark,

I noticed you have posted a same message in the vsnet.ide group, I have
just posted a reply to that problem there, please check it in the vsnet.ide
group.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--------------------

Ask a Question