Retail Offers

Reaction score
Looking at some of the post this weekend made me happy that I don't post any of TechFever's offers covertly. Having grown up over the years with forums and the related etiquette I promised myself I will never point you to a TechFever deal without first identifying my connection to it. With this in mind I have also sat here this weekend thinking TechFever have some better deals than the ones posted, but held back from posting because of my original forum beliefs. Anyway this lead me to post to ask about the possibility of a retailers offers forum, basically a forum here, where the Retail Reps can post their latest offers if they want to. That way we as retailers get to shout about our offers ( Keeps us happy) and you as potential customers are kept up to date on the latest offers without the need to trawl every single website. This may also encourage more retail reps.

Would be interested to know your thoughts

Reaction score
TechFever is the official retail rep account. Myself or other members of TechFever staff will post using that account in an official capacity.

The Phelon account is my personal account and will be used to express my opinions and not those of TechFever. :)

Hope that makes sense

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I might add a sub forum for "offers" to the retailers section at some point in the new year (will be when I'm back from hols). There isn't a facility to do anything like this at the moment as we get so much spam, any self promotion stuff is deleted. A special facility would be a way to combat spam, it is something I will consider!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
On the one hand, it's free advertising for the dealer, but on the other, it would let forum members know of any good deals.

And likely the first thing that will happen is forum members may post pointing out a more competitive deal elsewhere, this lot have very sharp eyes indeed ;)

It may be an idea to incorporate a poll into each thread making a special offer, with around five options as to how well the dealer performed with that offer.

And maybe membership feedback could be incorporated into our dealer's section.

Just some ideas to kick around...

Reaction score
Thanks Ian it was just an idea to kick around, I didnt expect a full solution this side of Christmas :)

And some good thoughts there Floppy, I for one would like feedback on the deals we do on the site. We are trying to guess what people want and the only feedback we get is the number of sales. It would be interesting to know what people expect from offers ?

Cheers

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Phelon said:
It would be interesting to know what people expect from offers ?

Cheers
OK, how's this?

Nvidia 6800 GT 256Mb, £240.00 + £5.00 shipping, IN STOCK, next day delivery for orders placed before 2pm. Any make except Sapphire.

Now THAT would be good ;)

Things that people like:

Prompt confirmation of order.
Deliveries by promised time.
RMA procedures set out in easy to understand English in the terms & conditions, preferably with a link on the site's main page.
And most important of all:
The ability to communicate with the dealer, preferably by phone. Failing that, a quick e-mail service. There is nothing that ticks a buyer off more than being ignored.

Of course, if turnover is high, this may mean installing more phone lines and employing extra staff. It may mean the difference between driving a BMW or a Ferrari ;)

But, what do you want, a steady, profitable turnover, or a quick hit and a horde of dissatisfied customers?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
OK, how's this?

Nvidia 6800 GT 256Mb, £240.00 + £5.00 shipping, IN STOCK, next day delivery for orders placed before 2pm. Any make except Sapphire.
You shouldnt have any problem of getting a Sapphire 6800GT, seeing as Sapphire dont do Nvidia based cards ;) (thank god :p)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
You shouldnt have any problem of getting a Sapphire 6800GT, seeing as Sapphire dont do Nvidia based cards ;) (thank god :p)
Oh :blush:

Bugger.

*Flops exits, slyly, vainly trying to cover deeply red boat-race...*

TechFever

Retailer Representative
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
OK, how's this?

Now THAT would be good ;)
Best we could do Floppy, We would have posted this sooner but stock has only just arrived. :)

TechFevers Daily Hot Deal - Asus 256MB 6800GT - Offer only available for 1 day. Then its something new :)

Last edited:

Ask a Question