Restricted Site icon in IExplorer disappeared

J

John Brainerd

System: Winxp Pro fully patched, using OneCare as primary security suite, IExplorer 7.0.5730.11 plus Spysweeper, AdAware, and Spybot as periodic cleaning tools and Google popup blocker.

The Restricted Site icon in IExplorer, and thus the ability to modify settings in that zone, has disappeared from Options|Tools|Security. The restricted sites are still in the registry but the icon is gone. The only change that I made before noticing this is to install Windows Desktop Search.

The Restricted Site function was not working --or at least working correctly -- before: I regularly get full page popups from www.allwindowssoft.com . It is on the restricted list and I run the anti-malware programs above on a regular basis.

ANY help would be appreciated

G

John Brainerd said:
System: Winxp Pro fully patched, using OneCare as primary security suite, IExplorer 7.0.5730.11 plus Spysweeper, AdAware, and Spybot as periodic cleaning tools and Google popup blocker.

The Restricted Site icon in IExplorer, and thus the ability to modify settings in that zone, has disappeared from Options|Tools|Security. The restricted sites are still in the registry but the icon is gone. The only change that I made before noticing this is to install Windows Desktop Search.

The Restricted Site function was not working --or at least working correctly -- before: I regularly get full page popups from www.allwindowssoft.com . It is on the restricted list and I run the anti-malware programs above on a regular basis.

ANY help would be appreciated

Hi John,
I think it is normal in IE7 since you are using the Block Site under content
Tab and the Phishing Feature on IE7.
It is Disabled here on my laptop but Still you can block these website or
any by raising your security to Custom under Content tab.
HTH.
nass

Ask a Question