Request to use content from Priclesswarehome.org

Clif Notes

Hi all,

I'm not sure to whom I should be addressing this, but I've noticed that
Susan seems to be affiliated with the Pricelessware site.

May I use your glossary of software definitions in my wiki?
See http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com/index.php?wiki=PricelesswareGlossary

As you may know, all my websites are commercial free and I make no
money and take no donations for any of my content.

If you are bored, please take a look at my most recent newsletter:
http://snipurl.com/current_newletter

Thanks to you all,

Clif
http://clifnotes.net & http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com
Devoted to promoting Freeware and Free Information

Clif Notes

I'm sorry, this is a duplicate of another post. I posted this a half
hour before the other one. I thought this had gotten lost in the ether.

Susan Bugher

Clif said:
I'm not sure to whom I should be addressing this, but I've noticed that
Susan seems to be affiliated with the Pricelessware site.

I'm the current webmaster - the site belongs to alt.comp.freeware. IOW - questions of policy should
be addressed to newsgroup participants.
May I use your glossary of software definitions in my wiki?
See http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com/index.php?wiki=PricelesswareGlossary

The Ware Glossary was created by alt.comp.freeware newsgroup participants in newsgroup discussions
and it belongs to ACF participants. Feel free to use/mirror the web page or its content. (Site
content is copyrighted to ACF as protection against misuse.)

Note: the title should be "alt.comp.freeware's Ware Glossary".

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

MLC

venerdì 16 settembre 2005 Clif Notes ha scritto:
Hi again!
I'm back and I've got it all fixed.

Hi Clif,

in http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com/index.php?wiki=PricelessWare
IMO that Pricelessware.org is misleading, even if the link under "Website"
is the right one.

I'd like better to see:
Pricelesswarehome.org - best freeware by a majority vote
with Pricelesswarehome.org already as a link,
and without the line below "Website - Cool Website".

MLC

venerdì 16 settembre 2005 MLC ha scritto:
I'd like better to see:
Pricelesswarehome.org - best freeware by a majority vote

Or, if the aim was to give the meaning of "pricelessware", simply:
Pricelessware - best freeware by a majority vote

Susan Bugher

Clif said:

Nitpicking said:
and my review of Pricelesswarehome.org ...
http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com/index.php?wiki=PricelessWare

Let me know if you'd like any changes made to the review.

Nice - thanks Clif. I agree with Maria's suggestion - use Pricelessware (not Pricelessware.org)

Unrelated comment. . .

I notice you have "Google the wiki" in the side bar. The wiki's search box produces better results
(the search is updated instantly when you add/revise content).

For example when I Google the wiki for Pricelessware the search finds nothing. When I use the search
box the result is:

Page Title Matches
* PricelessWare

Page Content Matches
* PricelessWare ...Pricelessware.org** - best freeware by a majority vote
[http://www.pricelesswar...
* WareGlossary ...pricelesswarehome.org/acf/WareGlossary.php Owned collectively by the members ...

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Clif Notes

Thank you all for the feedback. I changed the items you recommended
except the "Website" and "Cool Website", which are standard for every
review.