Req: Graphics Batch conversion

In_Parenthesis

Hi Group!

I am looking for a freeware program that is capable of converting Corel
Clipart (.cmx) into preferably JPG, or other (more current), format. I have
a program ($-ware) which will do so, however it will ask before every
conversion some user intervention, and the number of graphics to be
converted is quite large!

Is there such a program?

Jay
(IP)

lisztfr

In_Parenthesis a écrit :
Hi Group!

I am looking for a freeware program that is capable of converting Corel
Clipart (.cmx) into preferably JPG, or other (more current), format. I have
a program ($-ware) which will do so, however it will ask before every
conversion some user intervention, and the number of graphics to be
converted is quite large!

Is there such a program?

Jay
(IP)

I would look for imagemagick :

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

this is the only tool i know for batch conversion.

maybe you could find a commandline tools without batch conversion
and run the "FOR" command.

laurent h

Derald

In_Parenthesis said:
Is there such a program?
If Windows, then, Irfanview, of course. I believe you'll need the
plug-ins. Get the Baxbex extensions, too. At any rate, Ifvanview's batch
processor will quickly convert, resize/resample, apply color correction,
and resave/rename to the directory of your choice entire directories in
a single pass from the Windows Explorer tree pane.

Markku V.

In_Parenthesis said:
Hi Group!

I am looking for a freeware program that is capable of converting
Corel Clipart (.cmx) into preferably JPG, or other (more current),
format. I have a program ($-ware) which will do so, however it will
ask before every conversion some user intervention, and the number of
graphics to be converted is quite large!

Is there such a program?

Jay
(IP)

I think Xnview can do that.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pierre.g/xnview/enhome.html

Markku Virtanen

Susan Bugher

Markku said:
In_Parenthesis wrote:

nope. . .
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pierre.g/xnview/enformats.html#c
Corel Metafile Exchange (preview) cmx

FWIW there's some info and links here:
http://acfwiki.pbwiki.com/ViewConvert

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

In_Parenthesis

Hi Group!

I am looking for a freeware program that is capable of converting
Corel Clipart (.cmx) into preferably JPG, or other (more current),
format. I have a program ($-ware) which will do so, however it will
ask before every conversion some user intervention, and the number of
graphics to be converted is quite large!

Is there such a program?

Jay
(IP)

Thanks to all who replied to the question; but neither Irfanview,
ImageMagick, nor XnView could do the trick. However, one poster (Lisztfr)
lit a light in my mind: Look for a commandlline converter, and I did. I
found an old DOS viewer/converter: Pictview, which can do quite a number
of "old" formats, and indeed can convert cmx-files (and a whole lot of
others) to other file formats.

For those interested, you can find PV here:

http://www.pictview.com/

Thanks again!

Jay
(IP)