Repost: Can't connect wireless; Get "media disconnected"

Sid9

I did all recommended on the website you suggested.
No help.
In addition I tested each (5) USB ports with my flash drive....they all
responded correctly
I then replaced the cable and the wireless device, all known good, installed
the Linksys driver.....got the same error"

Media disconnected.

quoted from http://www.ChicagoTech.net

Media disconnected
Symptoms: when using ipconfig to check the IP configuration, you may
receive this message: Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected.
Cause: 1. Bad NIC.
2. Bad connection.
Resolutions: 1. If it is wired NIC, go here.
2. If it is wireless, go here.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.HowToNetworking.com
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
Dell Pentium II 333 MHz
Windows XP
D-Link DWL-122 (USB)

Can't connect wireless; Get "media disconnected"

IPCONFIG says "media Disconnected.

The DWL-122 shows the power light ON and the "link" light flashing.

Tried a Linksys WUSB11 2.5 (with appropriate driver) couldn't connect
either.

Tried a hard wired NIC and it connects OK

I was not able to find help on D-link or MS' website.

Any help will appreciated

"Robert L [MS-MVP]" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Robert L [MS-MVP]

do you have security setup in the wireless?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
[...]

Microsoft Firewall turned off.
Hard wired NIC card works fine (I physically remove it when working with
the wireless adapter)