Report header

Troy

I did a search through the previous post and I didn't see
this so I'll ask the group. I have a report that
contains two sub reports. Everything works fine except
the main report header shows up on the last page or two
of the report with the header of the subreports. Is
there a way to keep the header of the main report from
showing if there isn't any thing to list?
Using access 2000.

Let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks,

Troy

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi Troy,

Have you tried testing for the HasData property of the subReport? An
example of such is included in the following:

ACC2000: "#ERROR" Message When Referencing Subreport Controls
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;208718

From what you wrote I guess you want to do something like:

Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
IF Me.NameOfSubReport.HasData = False THEN
Me.ReportHeader.Visible = False
END IF
End Sub

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

| From: "Troy" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Troy" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Report header
| Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 07:48:22 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.reports
|
| I did a search through the previous post and I didn't see
| this so I'll ask the group. I have a report that
| contains two sub reports. Everything works fine except
| the main report header shows up on the last page or two
| of the report with the header of the subreports. Is
| there a way to keep the header of the main report from
| showing if there isn't any thing to list?
| Using access 2000.
|
| Let me know if more information is needed.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Troy

Troy

Not sure if I follow you, or you don't follow me. When I
print the report I am seeing the main report's header
above the subreport's header when there is no more
information from the main report. The subreports do fine,
just the header from the report is on pages with the
subreports when there is no more information from the main
report to display.

Troy

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi Troy,

Maybe you can use the reverse of this article
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=231808

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

| From: "Troy" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Troy" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Report header
| Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:42:10 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.reports
|
| Not sure if I follow you, or you don't follow me. When I
| print the report I am seeing the main report's header
| above the subreport's header when there is no more
| information from the main report. The subreports do fine,
| just the header from the report is on pages with the
| subreports when there is no more information from the main
| report to display.
|
| Troy

| >|
| >| I did a search through the previous post and I didn't
| see
| >| this so I'll ask the group. I have a report that
| >| contains two sub reports. Everything works fine except
| >| the main report header shows up on the last page or two
| >| of the report with the header of the subreports. Is
| >| there a way to keep the header of the main report from
| >| showing if there isn't any thing to list?
| >| Using access 2000.
| >|
| >| Let me know if more information is needed.
| >|
| >| Thanks,
| >|
| >| Troy