replication failed

hello,

i'm experiencing replication problem on an AD 2000 between server1 and server2

event 1265 " The attempt to establish a replication link with parameters
..... failed with the following status: failure of the remote procedure call.

when i try a manuel replication (repadmin /sync .... server1 <guid server2>
i get the message:
dsbinwithcred to server1 failed with status 1726 (0x6be)
failure of the remote procedure call (translation from french "échec de
l'appel de procédure distante")

i looked everywhere but did not find any explanation.
the only information is about the event 1265 and the message "RPC server is
not available" which is not my case.

i checked my topology, my sites configuration and also DNS and it is fine.

does someone could help me finding the real meaning of this specific message ?

thank you in advance.

Ace Fekay [MVP]

In
patman said:
[...]

RPC Server not available may be the issue. If DNS is misconfigured (such as
using an ISP's DNS address in any domain member or DC IP properties), or the
DNS domain is a single label name, can cause replication issues. Other
factors include MTU alterations if you have multiple locations. There are
numerous factors.

If you can, please post an unedited ipconfig /all of both DCs to give us a
starting point to better assist.

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Having difficulty reading or finding responses to your post?
Instead of the website you're using, I suggest to use OEx (Outlook Express
or any other newsreader), and configure a news account, pointing to
news.microsoft.com. This is a direct link to the Microsoft Public
Newsgroups. It is FREE and requires NO ISP's Usenet account. OEx allows you
to easily find, track threads, cross-post, sort by date, poster's name,
watched threads or subject.

It's easy:
How to Configure OEx for Internet News
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171164

Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
Microsoft Certified Trainer

Infinite Diversities in Infinite Combinations
Assimilation Imminent. Resistance is Futile
"Very funny Scotty. Now, beam down my clothes."

The only thing in life is change. Anything more is a blackhole consuming
unnecessary energy. - [Me]