Removed and reinstalled IE 6 with IERADIATOR, popup windows are blank

osoeder

I am using Windows 2000 & SP4 & IE 6 SP1 and I reinstalled IE 6 with
IERADIATOR.

Everything works fine, but if I open a popup window, it will be blank.
I searched the Internet for a solution, found an article at microsoft,
registered urlmon.dll etc. but this all does not help.

Example for you to know exactly what I mean:
Go to
https://www.1822direkt.com/1822central/cms/88.jsp?beratung=call&beratung=mail&x=4&y=9
and click on the button right of "Per Callback". This and any other
window which I click to open in a new window will open blank.

IE is fresh reinstalled, but repair option in "Add/Remove Software"
fails, it says I should reinstall IE. Nice advice :)

So can you help me to see this wonderful popups again?

Rob Parsons

Hi Osoeder,

IERadiator is not a MS endorsed tool, so there is soooo much that it could
have done to your IE installation. I don't know what it could have done to
your installation. Perhaps you best approach is to contact them for advice.

First up I would check the obvious, Your settings in the Internet Control
Panel - Colors, User Stylesheet, try a Medium setting for security,
Accessibility options on the Advanced tab.

Next ensure that you have applied the update patches. On my Win2K machine
they are Q823353; 3283;Q903235 (Help>About menu)

Don Varnau

Hi,
It sounds like you found this article?
281679 - You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens
After You Click a Link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
Did you re-register all the listed DLLs?

Is a third-party security program blocking scripts/scripting? Is an
ad-blocker blocking this content? Try disabling (briefly- as a test)
third-party security programs.

Some other (longshot) possibilities:
Go to Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set it to Default.

Try these two commands from Start> Run> cmd [enter]
regsvr32 vbscript.dll [enter]
regsvr32 jscript.dll [enter]

Reinstall the scripting engine. Go to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
for the appropriate download of Windows Script 5.6

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

osoeder

I did not see the link on the IERADIATOR homepage, it says it is ok to
use IERADIATOR until W2K SP2.
IERADIATOR removes the following files:
%root%\program files\internet explorer
%root%\program files\uninstall information
%windir%\application data\microsoft\internet explorer
%windir%\application data\microsoft\welcome
%windir%\catroot
%windir%\cookies
%windir%\desktop\online services
%windir%\downloaded program files
%windir%\favorites
%windir%\history
%windir%\java
%windir%\subscriptions
%windir%\temporary internet files
%windir%\web
%windir%\system\oobe
%windir%\system\catroot
%windir%\occache
%root%\program files\common files\triedit

I followed the advice of http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679,
problem still exists.
I registered all the dlls, the one from the article and the one you
gave me.
Furthermore I got an error message, before I installed the scripting
host, as soon as I clicked on the link:

Class doesn´t support automation.

Don Varnau

Hi,
Try another repair/reinstall of IE.
See: 318378 - How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook
Express in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=318378

The method starting at
"Windows XP and Windows XP SP1: Edit the registry and install Internet
Explorer 6"
should work with Win2k.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

- - - - -

Don said:
Hi,
Try another repair/reinstall of IE.
See: 318378 - How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook
Epress in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=318378

But the first words of my first postings are: "I am using Windows 2000
& SP4 & IE 6 SP1 and I reinstalled IE 6 with IERADIATOR... :-(

I think there is no solution for this problem, see the link which I
added to my last posting.
I installed a test computer and made a snapshot with a MSI tool, I
uninstalled and installed IE in the same way as I did before, same
problem, and did another snapshot. There are so many changes, it will
take some time to check them all.

Anybody here who wants to see that snapshots?

Don Varnau

Hi,
OK... to summarize... you removed IE6 with IERadicator from LitePC.com,
right? You reinstalled IE. IE works except for (empty) pop-up windows?
- - - -
This is worth a try...

See: 318378 - How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook
Express in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=318378

The method (in the article) starting at
"Windows XP and Windows XP SP1: Edit the registry and install Internet
Explorer 6" should work with Win2k.
- - - - -
Don
[MS MVP- IE]