Remove port in XP

Richard (Tor)

Hi,

When I started my Tomcat in XP, it failed because it complained port
80 was already being used. I did a netstat -a and found that port 80
was used by UDP but I did not know which process was using it and why?

Is there a way to find out which program or process is using that port
80 and subsequently kill it because it should not be there?

please email to (e-mail address removed)

Thanks in advance
Richard

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Ports That Are Used by Windows Product Activation
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291983&Product=winxp

How to determine which program uses or blocks specific transmission control protocol ports in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281336&Product=winxp

Availability and description of the Port Reporter tool
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;837243&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP