Remove Page Watermark [Page Break Preview]

Dear All,

Is it possible to remove the page watermark AND maintain page break preview.

Why remove it?
Coz sometimes it blocks the information display.

I can't find a swith to turn it off, probably VBA codes could work, I think.

Thanks.

Hi!

if your watermark was created by setting the background of the worksheet,
you can just simply go to Format --> Worksheet --> Remove Background

but if your watermark was created tru headers, you can jst simply go to View
--> Headers and Footers then click the custom header and remove the image

hope it can help you!

thanks! ^_^

Gord Dibben

If you mean the large gray numbers, I have never heard of a way to remove those
while in pagebreak view mode.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Jim Cone

If it is the large number shown in the center of the page you are stuck with it.
You can use Print Preview on the File menu to view how the sheet will print.
That view has no page number superimposed on it.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"(e-mail address removed)"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
Dear All,
Is it possible to remove the page watermark AND maintain page break preview.
Why remove it?
Coz sometimes it blocks the information display.
I can't find a swith to turn it off, probably VBA codes could work, I think.
Thanks.

When we make presentation using the MS Excel (using a projector), the PAGE
mark just disturbs the view. I don't fancy Power Point. I am still an Excel
stubborn goon.

Thanks for clearing it Bad, Gord, Jim.

Bob I

You may "hide" the Page number by making the background the same shade
of gray. It's the center row selection if I recall correctly.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Hopefully one day there will be a switch or really lighten the watermark.
The page watermark is 40% grey.

Appreciate it!!

Bob I

You're welcome, have a good day!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Hopefully one day there will be a switch or really lighten the watermark.
The page watermark is 40% grey.

Appreciate it!!

:

Tapper

I just ran into the problem with the large gray Page 1, Page 2, etc. If
that's what your problem is try View>Normal. That should get them off the
pages.

Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Actually as the name indicates page breaking view, it shows your print preview of page and number of page as a water mark. If you just only want to remove water mark it is not possible in print preview option.
But what you can do is I am explaining in simple steps.
1. Set your page print area in print preview.
2. Now turn back to Normal view.
3. You will see dotted lines for the print area of pages.
4. Now as a example your print area is A column to J column select complete k column.
5. After selecting K column use shift control and right arrow key to select entire column of the sheet from k to XFD
6.Now by right clicking on the selecting column you get the option hide click on it.
7.all the column will hide.
8.Now do same with the rows.
Now as a example your print area is 1 row to 500 rows select complete 501 row.
9. After selecting 501 row use shift control and down arrow key to select entire rows of the sheet from 501 to 1048576 in excel 2010
6.Now by right clicking on the selecting rows you get the option hide click on it.
7.all the rows will hide.
8. The view of the sheet will be like a print preview and without any water mark.
Hope this will solve the purpose.

Joined
Jul 31, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Ritesh... You are a clever person. Obviously this isn't as good as just being able to remove the watermark, since now adding a row or column of data involves an extra step, but this will certainly make my boss happy, as she dislikes any sort of clutter.

Joined
Nov 14, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
The question has become quite old, but there is another simpler than what Ritesh suggested. It's on the same lines but instead of going to print preview and then hiding, follow the simple steps
Let's assume the data to be presented is from column B to Column P and row 2 to 50 (B2 to P50)
- Select the column R (leaving one column from P), press CTR+Shift+right arrow key, color the entire background shade of grey
- Likewise, for rows, select row 52, press CTR+Shift+down arrow key, color the entire background grey
- Additionally, insert another column before A and color it grey and another row before 1 and color it grey.

and Voila, the data from C3 to Q51 (we have added a row and a column in the beginning) will be similar to page break view but without the watermark. Could also add a blue border around the data to complete the view.

Thanks