remoting is knocking down CPU


F

fabian baptista

Did anyone find the solution for this problem?
I facing this right now...
thanks a lot in advance



Alex Chudnovsky wrote:

Re: .NET 2.0 problem: 100% cpu usage in mscorwks.dll!CreateApplicationContext
26-oct-06

EmeraldShield wrote:


The code is not the same, and it is build for .NET 2.0 using VS 2005: it
has no external dependencies that were compiled for .NET 1.1 (apart from
sharpziplib which was not used at the time) and main executable is for
..NET 2.0.

Unfortunately I can't post code snippets as it is a pretty big codebase
and there are no clues as to what exactly leads to such condition. In
case of .NET 1.1 it was happening in a heavily used async sockets
application - KB article that I've seen says it is an issue in .NET 1.1
with some heavily used threadpools where basically they enter critical
section and won't let it go - in this case however it was a lot worse as
it was knocking off networking completely so software had to be killed
locally.

In case on .NET 2.0 code it also uses same async socket component,
albeit it is far far less loaded, plus recompiled version of orignal app
that had such problem in .NET 1.1 works okay now that it is build for
..NET 2.0

I can't possibly be alone with this problem :-/

regards,

Alex

Previous Posts In This Thread:

On jueves, 26 de octubre de 2006 13:39
Alex Chudnovsky wrote:

..NET 2.0 problem: 100% cpu usage in mscorwks.dll!CreateApplicationContext
Hi,

I've come across with a problem that results in 100% CPU usage in code
inside framework itself, specifically process explorer shows that the
offending thread is mscorwks.dll!CreateApplicationContext - it shows
that this thread is making a lot of context switches without doing any
obvious.

I've had similar problem in .NET 1.1 SP1, and I found knowledge base
article saying that this is a problem in the framework, basically
something fails in critical section and it snags completely - there is
apparently a hot fix for it, but to get these is such a problem then it
was easier to upgrade to .NET 2.0, however now I see very similar
problem in it as well :-/

The problem occurs randomly, no obvious reasons but it does seem to
happen with frightening regularity. I have found at least one other
person on the net with the same problem, but no responses to his queries.

Just in case it helps here is the stack trace that I see in process
explorer for that thread:

ntkrnlpa.exe+0x6d98b
ntkrnlpa.exe+0x2b2b6
hal.dll!HalClearSoftwareInterrupt+0x342

OS is Windows XP Pro SP2 running on AMD Athlon x2 3800 (actual CPU usage
is 50% as it hogs one core out of two, but I've seen it getting both of
them too).

I think this is a pretty serious flaw that needs some attention from
Microsoft folk.

regards,

Alex

P.S. I do not monitor this group all the time, so if response more than
a week after this post please email me.

On jueves, 26 de octubre de 2006 18:28
EmeraldShield wrote:

Are you running the same code?
Are you running the same code? You may still be running the 1.1 framework
(Unless you uninstalled 1.x). All 1.1 code will still execute in the 1.1
runtime if it is present even though you have version 2 installed.

If you upgraded the code to 2.0 (and rebuilt) are you getting the same error
in the same spot?

If you can post the sequence of events or code snippets people could
probably help you better.

On jueves, 26 de octubre de 2006 20:41
Alex Chudnovsky wrote:

Re: .NET 2.0 problem: 100% cpu usage in mscorwks.dll!CreateApplicationContext
EmeraldShield wrote:


The code is not the same, and it is build for .NET 2.0 using VS 2005: it
has no external dependencies that were compiled for .NET 1.1 (apart from
sharpziplib which was not used at the time) and main executable is for
..NET 2.0.

Unfortunately I can't post code snippets as it is a pretty big codebase
and there are no clues as to what exactly leads to such condition. In
case of .NET 1.1 it was happening in a heavily used async sockets
application - KB article that I've seen says it is an issue in .NET 1.1
with some heavily used threadpools where basically they enter critical
section and won't let it go - in this case however it was a lot worse as
it was knocking off networking completely so software had to be killed
locally.

In case on .NET 2.0 code it also uses same async socket component,
albeit it is far far less loaded, plus recompiled version of orignal app
that had such problem in .NET 1.1 works okay now that it is build for
..NET 2.0

I can't possibly be alone with this problem :-/

regards,

Alex

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
..NET Compact Framework Lock Down Device
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...dc-0c93abc870e5/net-compact-framework-lo.aspx
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top