Remote Web Connection goes Blank

HL649

I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection with my home computer while
I am on the road. I have the Remote Desktop working from within Win XP but
I can not get the Remote Web Connection to work properly.

I can access the login screen (i.e., www.domain/TSWeb/) but when I try to
login I get nothing but a large empty box. I get no error messages.

Any ideas?

douggieb

HL649 said:
I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection with my home computer while
I am on the road. I have the Remote Desktop working from within Win XP but
I can not get the Remote Web Connection to work properly.

I can access the login screen (i.e., www.domain/TSWeb/) but when I try to
login I get nothing but a large empty box. I get no error messages.

Any ideas?

Is your computer being started manually (by a person) or by a
scheduled event (task) ?

HL649

douggieb said:
"HL649" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Is your computer being started manually (by a person) or by a
scheduled event (task) ?

The host machine is constantly running; it never shuts down. I have opened
up port 3389 on the router and shutdown Zone Alarm but it still won't
connect.

Jeffrey Randow (MVP)

Did you allow the ActiveX control to load? If you are using SP2 on
the client, you would need to enable this in the information box that
would pop up just below the Address line in Internet Explorer.
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
(e-mail address removed)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com