remote access through router

G

hello there
i am using a network everywhere wireless router (not wireless connection though) and i need some help in being able to access my desktop from a remote connection without my router interfering in that. That is, i cannot do it right now because i don't know how to set up the router so i can access my computer from a remote location in the web

thanx

S

Sooner Al

Forward TCP Port 3389 through the router to the LAN IP of the desktop you want to connect to. Call
using the public WAN IP, ie. the IP assigned by your ISP, of the router. Look at page 44 of the User
Guide. Note you should be using static IP addressing for the desktop PC.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...

pachuco said:
hello there,
i am using a network everywhere wireless router (not wireless connection though) and i need some
help in being able to access my desktop from a remote connection without my router interfering in
that. That is, i cannot do it right now because i don't know how to set up the router so i can
access my computer from a remote location in the web.

Ask a Question