Reminder time for an appointment?


B

Bob Newman

Outlook 2007
Is there a way (via add-in or other) that you can have a reminder for an
appointment come at a specific date and time (i.e. next Tuesday at 11:20 am)
rather than 1, 2, 3 hours or 1, 2, 3, days etc. before the appointment time?

Thanks in advance... Bob
 
Ad

Advertisements

V

VanguardLH

Bob said:
Outlook 2007
Is there a way (via add-in or other) that you can have a reminder for an
appointment come at a specific date and time (i.e. next Tuesday at 11:20 am)
rather than 1, 2, 3 hours or 1, 2, 3, days etc. before the appointment time?

Thanks in advance... Bob

Why not configure the event to trigger at that specific time and enable
the Reminder option but set it to zero?
 
B

Bob Newman

VanguardLH said:
Why not configure the event to trigger at that specific time and enable
the Reminder option but set it to zero?

Then I'll really get screwed up because I won't know when the event really
is! I know, I could leave a note in the event or something like that.
One question while I'm thinking of it though. If you have an all day event
and tell Outlook to remind you of it 2 days before, will the reminder go off
at midnight? That's one of the reasons I want to be able to tell Outlook
exactly when to remind me.

Thanks... Bob
 
D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

If you set the reminder for 2 days before, yes it will go off at midnight 2
days before.

You can type any time in the reminder field, so all you need to do is figure
out how much time is between next Tues at 11:20 and the appointment's start
time. ie, type 3.5 hours in the reminder time field.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]



Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
 
B

Bob Newman

Boy that sounds like fun. At least I have Excel to figure that out every
time I set a reminder.

Bob

Diane Poremsky said:
If you set the reminder for 2 days before, yes it will go off at midnight
2 days before.

You can type any time in the reminder field, so all you need to do is
figure out how much time is between next Tues at 11:20 and the
appointment's start time. ie, type 3.5 hours in the reminder time field.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]



Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


Bob Newman said:
Then I'll really get screwed up because I won't know when the event
really is! I know, I could leave a note in the event or something like
that.
One question while I'm thinking of it though. If you have an all day
event and tell Outlook to remind you of it 2 days before, will the
reminder go off at midnight? That's one of the reasons I want to be able
to tell Outlook exactly when to remind me.

Thanks... Bob
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Or pick remind beforehand times that are easy to calculate. :)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]



Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


Bob Newman said:
Boy that sounds like fun. At least I have Excel to figure that out every
time I set a reminder.

Bob

Diane Poremsky said:
If you set the reminder for 2 days before, yes it will go off at midnight
2 days before.

You can type any time in the reminder field, so all you need to do is
figure out how much time is between next Tues at 11:20 and the
appointment's start time. ie, type 3.5 hours in the reminder time field.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]



Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

You can access this newsgroup by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


Bob Newman said:
Bob Newman wrote:

Outlook 2007
Is there a way (via add-in or other) that you can have a reminder for
an
appointment come at a specific date and time (i.e. next Tuesday at
11:20 am)
rather than 1, 2, 3 hours or 1, 2, 3, days etc. before the appointment
time?

Thanks in advance... Bob

Why not configure the event to trigger at that specific time and enable
the Reminder option but set it to zero?

Then I'll really get screwed up because I won't know when the event
really is! I know, I could leave a note in the event or something like
that.
One question while I'm thinking of it though. If you have an all day
event and tell Outlook to remind you of it 2 days before, will the
reminder go off at midnight? That's one of the reasons I want to be
able to tell Outlook exactly when to remind me.

Thanks... Bob
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top