Remember Password for Outlook 2003 connect to Exchange Server

I recently signed up to use a hosted Exchange Server (from 1and1.com). I have
installed Outlook 2003 as my desktop client. Every time I open Outlook, I am
prompted for the password to connect to the Exchange Server. I am pretty sure
that under my old Exchange Server set-up, I could opt to have Outlook
remember the password. In my current setup, there is no 'Remember my
password' check box to do so. Anyone know how to get Outlook to remember an
Exchange Server password, or is it not possible?

Thanks,

Charlie

Tygrinn

I have the same problem... It pops up the standard password dialog (with
the image of a key ring etc.) It does remember my username, but doesn't
want to remember my password...

Can anyone help?

- Tygrinn

Posted At: Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:53
Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook
Conversation: Remember Password for Outlook 2003 connect to Exchange
Server
Subject: Remember Password for Outlook 2003 connect to Exchange Server

I recently signed up to use a hosted Exchange Server (from 1and1.com). I
have
installed Outlook 2003 as my desktop client. Every time I open Outlook,
I am
prompted for the password to connect to the Exchange Server. I am pretty
sure
that under my old Exchange Server set-up, I could opt to have Outlook
remember the password. In my current setup, there is no 'Remember my
password' check box to do so. Anyone know how to get Outlook to remember
an
Exchange Server password, or is it not possible?

Thanks,

Charlie

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Check your authentication settings on the properties of the Exchange
account.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Tygrinn asked:

| I have the same problem... It pops up the standard password dialog
| (with the image of a key ring etc.) It does remember my username, but
| doesn't want to remember my password...
|
| Can anyone help?
|
| - Tygrinn

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Have you tried changing it to one of the other authentication methods? Is
this setup using VPN?