Reinstall/ Reactivation


G

Guest

Okay, So I clean installed Vista H.P. from XP (had to clean install because
going from 32->64-bit), Activated and everything was fine. Decided to
purchase a SLI-ready motherboard, and due to significant hardware change i
had to install vista again. My problem now is that I have 22 days to activate
however the activation program is telling me my Key Code is already in use.
How can i get my key code reset without having to pay the $59 to call
Support??? (It says I have no free supports left)
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

Brett I. Holcomb

When you are told this select the phone activation option, call the
number and explain you changed motherboard. They'll give you the codes
to reactivate.
 
G

Guest

When you try to activate, it will offer options to activate by phone. Do
that, it will not cost a thing.
 
G

Guest

The only option i have is to activate Vista online, what is the phone number
i need to call?
 
C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
(w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing Enter.
The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows - Shell/User

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----

:

The only option i have is to activate Vista online, what is the phone number
i need to call?
 
G

Guest

No items match my searh of "slui.exe 4"

Carey Frisch said:
You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
(w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing Enter.
The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows - Shell/User

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----

:

The only option i have is to activate Vista online, what is the phone number
i need to call?
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Dave

the program is slui.exe
the 4 is a parameter

you can also hit Winkey-R
and type "slui 4" in the command box (no quotes)
 
C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Type in: slui.exe 4 in the "Start Search" box,
not the "Search" box. It's right above the
Vista blue start button when you click on it.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows - Shell/User

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----


No items match my searh of "slui.exe 4"
 
G

Guest

Thanks

Carey Frisch said:
Type in: slui.exe 4 in the "Start Search" box,
not the "Search" box. It's right above the
Vista blue start button when you click on it.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows - Shell/User

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----


No items match my searh of "slui.exe 4"
 
D

dee martellini

i am getting to reactivate windows and i am putting in slui.exe 4 but not getting the phone number and you help
Okay, So I clean installed Vista H.P. from XP (had to clean install because
going from 32->64-bit), Activated and everything was fine. Decided to
purchase a SLI-ready motherboard, and due to significant hardware change i
had to install vista again. My problem now is that I have 22 days to activate
however the activation program is telling me my Key Code is already in use.
How can i get my key code reset without having to pay the $59 to call
Support??? (It says I have no free supports left)
On Sunday, July 22, 2007 9:51 PM Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
When you are told this select the phone activation option, call the
number and explain you changed motherboard. They'll give you the codes
to reactivate.


Joshua wrote:
 
Ad

Advertisements

C

cool

there is no excuse for this "activation" crap
its time everyone did a nancy and just said "no"
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Similar Threads

reinstall and reactivate 2
Reactivating Vista 6
Reactivation bug... 0
Vista Reactivation? 2
Vista Reactivation 8
Can't reactivate windows 4
PHONE REACTIVATION WHY 5
Keep Being Asked To Reactivate 2

Top