Registry Cleaner - does one exists?

Unknown

You state you quote facts but you never state registry cleaners are NOT
needed and can cause problems.
You also ignore the attached:

From: "R. McCarty" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: CCleaner and the Registry
Date: Monday, January 05, 2009 10:05 AM

While your experience shows no damage, mine is different. I can look
back though hundreds of customer records and note case after case of
a Registry Cleaning causing machine problems. Granted over the years
the programs have evolved/improved but not enough to trust them as a
globally recommended computer tool.

Every time I hear an ad for Registry Mechanic on the "Digital Goddess"
( Former attractive saleslady ) Kim Komando show, I cringe. Even she
should know better than to promote them as a "Cure All, PC Fix'er Up'er".

If there was such a thing as a effective/reliable Registry Cleaner then I
would make use of it. I think you're misinterpreting the advice given here.
It's more of "Do No Damage" caveat than Registry Cleaners are junk.
Most people who receive advice here want a problem resolved not a
lead-in to more issues than they already have.

Most experienced technicians have encountered machines where whatever
was originally wrong with a PC was made worse by a Registry Cleaning.

Registry Cleaning is a subjective process where it's difficult if not
impossible to know what the end results will be. Some clean a little -
others do more.

It's not like defragmentation where all products yield a similar end result.
That's my main issue with all Registry Cleaners, the subjective
determination
of what is & is not an invalid Key or Value. If you load any 3 Registry
Cleaners and run the scan the results of what each determines to remove
will be different. Until someone can develop a tool that is precise and
not subjective I can't recommend anyone using one. It's an unperfected
process that has more risks than benefits.

CBoom

Hello, actually using CCleaner registry cleaner it shows what it will do
before you use it (SCAN) and press the clean button..

you can select or deselect stuff ...