    wWhen i ran the pc from the start i have had no
    registrations to compleat do i need to register my new xp
    or have dell done this

    lappybmw, Jan 31, 2004

  2. lappybmw

    Rifleman Guest

    "lappybmw" <> wrote in message
    news:7add01c3e7de$33b742b0$...
    > wWhen i ran the pc from the start i have had no
    > registrations to compleat do i need to register my new xp
    > or have dell done this

    You are getting confused between "Activation" and "Registration". Activation
    is compulsory, is needed unless you want your OS to run only in Safe mode,
    and may have been done by your vendor if XP was pre-installed. Registration
    is NOT compulsory.

    Rifleman, Jan 31, 2004

  3. lappybmw

    Steve C. Ray Guest

    Your Dell came pre-activated, so you don't need to.

    --
    Steve C. Ray

    Steve C. Ray, Jan 31, 2004