RegClean

G

i have this little program called RegClean and i think its from microsoft.
Well its really usfull and now i want to install this program on all the
computers over the netwrok. only thing i want to some how make this program
to run automatically every week and clean the reg. any help???

D

David Candy

Cleans and repairs some registry errors.

Regclean [/v] [/a | /d] [/l]

None Starts the Regclean wizard
/a Doesn't prompt for user input
/v Advanced User Interface
/l Creates a log file
/d Detail mode

Regclean can be downloaded from www.microsoft.com

Version 4.1 was withdrawn about September 1997, a new version 4.1a (Build 7364.1) was released 31/12/97.?

Regclean was meant as a programers tool to remove entries from the registry that were put there during testing. Its unlikely to fix any reported registry problem.

Regclean only works on HKEY_ROOT entries. It may fix problems with programs not working together, like embedding one file in another. It will remove out of date information about Automation objects and make the registry smaller. Its useful to remove information about programs that have been uninstalled.

Regclean creates an Undo.reg file in the folder where you ran RegClean. The file will be titled UNDO computer yyyymmddhhmmss.REG.

A similar program from Microsoft is ShareDLL. This cleans a different part of the registry, the SharedDLLs, that if it gets too big Setup programs will refuse to run. The key is;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLsDownload ShareDLL.exe from Microsoft's web site

Ask a Question