Refresh without Blink?

John Leeke

In FP2000 I am using:

to refresh a jpg file on a webpage. Upon every refresh the old image blinks
out, then the new image blinks in. Sometimes it blinks out to white,
sometimes to the background image. You can see it at:

http://www.historichomeworks.com/hhw/education/class/class.htm

How can I refresh the jpg image without the blink to white or background? A
"dissolve" transition from the old image to the new one would be nice.

Should I be trying something other than http-equiv="refresh"?

Thanks for your help.

John

Tom Pepper Willett

It's reloading the page. It's like opening it for the first time. It's a
normal thing that happens until the image (re) downloads.

--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
wrote in message | In FP2000 I am using:

| to refresh a jpg file on a webpage. Upon every refresh the old image
blinks
| out, then the new image blinks in. Sometimes it blinks out to white,
| sometimes to the background image. You can see it at:
|
| http://www.historichomeworks.com/hhw/education/class/class.htm
|
| How can I refresh the jpg image without the blink to white or background?
| "dissolve" transition from the old image to the new one would be nice.
|
| Should I be trying something other than http-equiv="refresh"?
|
| Thanks for your help.
|
| John

Steve Easton

Use a javascript to reload only the image.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

TommyL

<script language="JavaScript">
function reloadImage() {
if (document.images) {
document.images.myImageName.src = 'easywebcam.jpg?' + (new
Date()).getTime();
}
setTimeout('reloadImage()',30000);
}
setTimeout('reloadImage()',30000);
</script>

Also look here!

http://www.southwest.com.au/~jfuller/webcam/webcam.htm

http://www.tincam.com/

TL

"John Leeke" <JohnLeeke*remove*this*spam*blocker*@HistoricHomeWorks.com>
wrote in message | In FP2000 I am using:

| to refresh a jpg file on a webpage. Upon every refresh the old image
blinks
| out, then the new image blinks in. Sometimes it blinks out to white,
| sometimes to the background image. You can see it at:
|
| http://www.historichomeworks.com/hhw/education/class/class.htm
|
| How can I refresh the jpg image without the blink to white or background?
| "dissolve" transition from the old image to the new one would be nice.
|
| Should I be trying something other than http-equiv="refresh"?
|
| Thanks for your help.
|
| John

John Leeke

Steve:
Use a javascript to reload only the image.

Thanks. This is an excellent tip. I am having to learn about javascript to
do it, but it does seem to be eliminating the blink.

Are there likely to be any problems using javascript in a FP website?

John

Tom Pepper Willett

There will be problems using JavaScript if the user has active scripting
turned off.

Now, with WinXP SP2, active scripting is turned off by default in the new
local machine zone, and I don't believe your average user will have a clue
how to turn it back on ;-)

It's all changing ;-)
--
===