Refresh stuck at 60Hz

Kai Robinson

Right - having installed my Radeon 9500 - its giving me problems again. This
time with the refresh rates. It refuses to allow me to set any other refresh
rate than 60hz - no matter what resolution i use. I know this monitor can do
1280x1024x60hz maximum, and 1152x864x75hz (i was using it at this res this
morning). Under the 'Monitors' tab (the regular windows one) i set it to
75hz. Click apply. flickers. says 75hz in the box, but the monitors OSD
reports 60hz. Under the ATI monitors control panel - it shows 60hz. WHY CANT
I F*CKING CHANGE IT? It also seems to think i have a second Dell 1028LR
connected somewhere. Its got TV-Out and DVI ports - but only ONE monitor is
connected.

Secondly - i use a script for system info - but now rather than displaying
'GeForce 3 Ti200' - its displaying 'SiS 5598/6326' - which was the previous
windows installed adapter i used in an emergency. In remember that in
Windows 98 - it was easy enough to get rid of - just delete it from the list
of adapters that had been installed - but WinXP is seemingly different. Any
Ideas on that front?

Cheers,

He who is getting a headache.

Kai Robinson

Well - that didnt help at all - its not GAMES that have the problem - its
WINDOWS that has the problem. 60hz flickering screen all over. refreshforce
i have. refreshforce only for games.

Kai

John McGaw

Kai Robinson said:
[...]

This is no help at all but at least you can share the misery. I installed an
Asus Radeon 9600XT and have the exact same problem. Posted about it here but
there was no viable help offered. Now I'm just waiting for my backordered
LCD panel to be delivered so that the 60Hz refresh will no longer matter.

BTW, my monitor has a little LCD on it showing the refresh rates, etc, and
during the boot process it shows 75Hz but when the main Windoze screen comes
up it switches to 60Hz. Still don't have a clue...
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Return address will not work. Please
reply in group or through my website:
http://johnmcgaw.com

KCB

Have you tried deleting your vid card and monitor from device manager. Some
people have said it works better to do it from safe mode, but I never had to
go that far. Then when you reboot, cancel windows automatic find driver and
install the correct ones for your hardware instead.

Kai Robinson

I've just managed to get it to work - go to the ATI Montors control panel -
turn off DDC. Now the information DDC collected will still be there so leave
that alone. just click okay and then exit to the WINDOWS monitors control
panel. change down to 60hz. then change back up to the resolution you want.
Worked for me.

HTH

Kai

John McGaw said:
Kai Robinson said:
[...]

Kill Bill

Well **** you too..

Kai Robinson said:
Well - that didnt help at all - its not GAMES that have the problem - its
WINDOWS that has the problem. 60hz flickering screen all over. refreshforce
i have. refreshforce only for games.

Kai

Kai Robinson

Hey - no need to swear because you misread my initial post, posted something
totally irrelevant and useless, and have me tell you that didnt help and
that it was useless...

Kai

John McGaw

Kai Robinson said:
I've just managed to get it to work - go to the ATI Montors control panel -
turn off DDC. Now the information DDC collected will still be there so leave
that alone. just click okay and then exit to the WINDOWS monitors control
panel. change down to 60hz. then change back up to the resolution you want.
Worked for me.

HTH

Kai
snip..

Thanks. I'll run downstairs and give it a try. In any case, I cancelled the
order for the LCD which was backordered (until at least mid-March!) and
ordered a different panel from a different source after making sure that
they actually had some to ship. Hope to be interfacing digitally in a few
days...
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Return address will not work. Please
reply in group or through my website:
http://johnmcgaw.com

MXC rules!

maybe you should learn to use google? http://tinyurl.com/3gahe It's
at the bottom...geez

John McGaw said:
Kai Robinson said:
[...]

well theres no need to be so damned rude. I couldnt find anything when i
searched and i asked in here next. Is that too much of a problem for you?

John McGaw said:
[...]

Hey- no need to swear just because you don't know how to use a search
engine.

MXC rules! said:
maybe you should learn to use google? http://tinyurl.com/3gahe It's
at the bottom...geez

"Kai Robinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
monitors
60hz.
from
etc,
and
during the boot process it shows 75Hz but when the main Windoze screen
comes
up it switches to 60Hz. Still don't have a clue...
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Return address will not work. Please
reply in group or through my website:
http://johnmcgaw.com

Kai Robinson

Please - by all means - find where i've sworn in my previous posts. I
Havent. I asked a question - you didnt read the question right, and
subsequently gave me a pointless answer, and that other guy was being rude
because he found something i didnt. Now, if you want to start a flame war -
**** off elsewhere. This thread is finished as far as i'm concerned because
the problem is now solved.

Kai

Wow, you sure are grateful for such a dumb ****....

Kill Bill said:
[...]

And you apparently are as much a dumb **** as me - what with your inability
to read. I see no reason to be grateful for any of your 'help', seeing as it
was totally ****ing useless...

Kai Robinson said:
Please - by all means - find where i've sworn in my previous posts. I
Havent. I asked a question - you didnt read the question right, and
subsequently gave me a pointless answer, and that other guy was being rude
because he found something i didnt. Now, if you want to start a flame war -
**** off elsewhere. This thread is finished as far as i'm concerned because
the problem is now solved.

Kai
when