Reflector not running under correct framework version

TomC

Hi

I have written a plugin for Lutz Roeder's Reflector tool. The plugin
requires framework version 2.0. On my machine at home and my machine at
work (XP SP2 and SP1 respectively) the plugin works correctly - I have
both 1.1 and 2.0 of the framework installed.

However a colleague at work who has XP SP2 and versions 1.0, 1.1 and
2.0 of the framework installed cannot load my plugin. After some
investigation it appears that when he runs Reflector it runs under v1.1
of the framework whereas for me it runs under 2.0. (I verified this
using the Fusion Log vieiwer in the SDK - he only gets logs for the
startup of Reflector with the Fusion Log Viewer in SDK v1.1). The
assembly loader of Reflector tries to load my plugin with 1.1 rather
than the 2.0 and fails.

It seems therefore that my colleague has a screwed up installation of
the framework. Does anyone have any idea what might cause Reflector to
run on a particular version of the Framwork.

By the way my colleague and I are running the same version of Reflector

Vadym Stetsyak

Hello, TomC!

Have a look at this article
( http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms994410.aspx )

You wrote on 19 Dec 2006 02:51:54 -0800:

T> I have written a plugin for Lutz Roeder's Reflector tool. The plugin
T> requires framework version 2.0. On my machine at home and my machine at
T> work (XP SP2 and SP1 respectively) the plugin works correctly - I have
T> both 1.1 and 2.0 of the framework installed.

T> However a colleague at work who has XP SP2 and versions 1.0, 1.1 and
T> 2.0 of the framework installed cannot load my plugin. After some
T> investigation it appears that when he runs Reflector it runs under v1.1
T> of the framework whereas for me it runs under 2.0. (I verified this
T> using the Fusion Log vieiwer in the SDK - he only gets logs for the
T> startup of Reflector with the Fusion Log Viewer in SDK v1.1). The
T> assembly loader of Reflector tries to load my plugin with 1.1 rather
T> than the 2.0 and fails.

T> It seems therefore that my colleague has a screwed up installation of
T> the framework. Does anyone have any idea what might cause Reflector to
T> run on a particular version of the Framwork.

With best regards, Vadym Stetsyak. E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

TomC

Hi Vadym

Brilliant - just the information that I needed. Thanks

Yes, the difference between me and my colleague is that he has version
1.0.3705 of the framework installed and I don't. Guess which version
Reflector is compiled with - yes 1.0.3705 ! So it runs on his system as
1.0.3705, but on mine : 2.0 !

Thanks again

Tom