Refill Canon carts done easy, HTH

Mapanari

Cannon BC plastic carts, all of them:

You need:

Refil ink, any kind will do. Don't pay attention to the morons who try and
tell you all the inks are diferent. Any old ink has worked just fine for
me.

Hyperdermic or refill inks with built in hyperdermic needles.

lots of newspaper for spills etc.

Toilet paper to clean off bubble ink and overflow on carts.

Electrician's wire snippers.

Party toothpicks: the ones with the round tip. Called "sandwich
toothpicks"I picked up at Dollar General.

Drill with tiny drill bit or heated paperclip.

1. Take cart and drill tiny hole on top part, NOT in the label or covered
area. All my carts have had a little pre-drill dimple hole to start
through. Drill tiny hole.

2. Put finger over downspout print head outlet to stop ink flowing and
dripping, and fill reservoir all the way to top.

3. Clean off top.

4. Push toothpick into hole, give it a firm tap with a cd case or
something.

5. Cut off toothpick with electrician's wire cutter almost flush with cart
(so you can use clamp or pliars to pull out when need to refil. No big
deal if it falls in either...

6. Take finger off downspout. It shouldn't leak because you've plugged the
air hole.

Walla!

HTH

Mapi

Bob Headrick

Mapanari said:
Cannon BC plastic carts, all of them:

You need:

Refil ink, any kind will do. Don't pay attention to the morons who
try and
tell you all the inks are diferent. Any old ink has worked just fine
for
me.

No need to read further, your credibility is confirmed.

- Bob Headrick

Tom Crooze

Mapanari said:
[...]

Walla!! to you too...but what the hell do onions have to do with refills...?
Perhaps they're the small ones that go with the party toothpicks ? Trays
attractive!!! ( en franglais...)

Martin

Bob said:
No need to read further, your credibility is confirmed.

- Bob Headrick

Agreed... "Any ink will do"... OK.. let's just mix up the old iron
filings with some nitric acid, pour in a little water and presto...
instead printhead clog..

Go soak your head you muppet.

Lots of Love.

One of the morons

Mapanari

Agreed... "Any ink will do"... OK.. let's just mix up the old iron
filings with some nitric acid, pour in a little water and presto...
instead printhead clog..

Go soak your head you muppet.

Lots of Love.

One of the morons

Blithering morons...anyone with half a brain and a life, not having to sit
around and parse stupidities with other morons on the net, would have
figured out that I meant any old "refil" ink.

Lightweights...don't you have anything better to do than try and pull down
the lion or your betters with your ignorant fetid-breathed yapping and
snarling?

mapi

Laurence

Mapanari wrote

4. "Push toothpick into hole, give it a firm tap with a cd case or
something."

For the three years I've been filling my own cartridges I've never
used anything but sticky tape (cellotape) carefully placed over the
hole. Makes a perfect seal. Never had a leak!
Laurence

measekite

Mapanari said:
Cannon BC plastic carts, all of them:

You need:

Refil ink, any kind will do. Don't pay attention to the morons who try and
tell you all the inks are diferent. Any old ink has worked just fine for
me.

Totally ridiculuous. Every ink is a different formulation. Even those
who have great difficulty telling quality will even admit to this.
Otherwise they would just buy the cheapest there is and they don't.
[...]

WOW got Aspirin :-*

measekite

Tom Crooze wrote:

"Mapanari" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

[...]

:-D :-D :-D

Wankatoa

Mapanari wrote

For the three years I've been filling my own cartridges I've never
used anything but sticky tape (cellotape) carefully placed over the
hole. Makes a perfect seal. Never had a leak!
Laurence

You must have a really good brand of sticky tape. I find it doesn't work.
The only tape that worked half-assed good was plastic electrician's tape.

Not having a hot glue gun as many advise or use, I like the toothpick idea.

Olin K. McDaniel

You must have a really good brand of sticky tape. I find it doesn't work.
The only tape that worked half-assed good was plastic electrician's tape.

Not having a hot glue gun as many advise or use, I like the toothpick idea.

Instead of hot glue, I've found over several years that there is yet
another workable answer. I gently push the little black ball,
furnished with most ink refill sets, into the hole we had to punch
out, then seal it with clear RTV silicone adhesive/sealant. It's
available at places like Wal Mart, and most hardware stores, under
various labels. The one I'm using now has the Permatex brand label,
but I've used several other brands including GE with equal success.
It takes about 30 minutes to set, faster with higher humidity. One
tube of 3 ounces lasts me for many refills. When the cartridge is
empty, the dried silicone can be pealed off, and usually the little
black ball plug comes off with it. Couldn't be easier.

Olin McDaniel

Sam Louis

There is a much easier way. Go buy a refill kit from Hobbicolors on ebay.
They sell kits that are specifically for Canon printers using PGI5 and CLI8
ink cartridges. Those kits include a bag of soft plastic plugs with a hat,
like a nail but a very short nail. You only need to drill a 1/8" hole for
refilling ink. Then use the plugs to seal the hole after refilling.

These plugs can be plugged and unplugged by fingers only. They never fall
into the ink tanks because of the hat on the plug. They are soft so they seal
effectively. One plug will last on one cartridge forever. They really solves
all the sealing problems I had before. You can find the refill kits on eBay
by searching Hobbicolors.

Good luck, folks.

Frank

Sam said:
There is a much easier way. Go buy a refill kit from Hobbicolors on ebay.
They sell kits that are specifically for Canon printers using PGI5 and CLI8
ink cartridges. Those kits include a bag of soft plastic plugs with a hat,
like a nail but a very short nail. You only need to drill a 1/8" hole for
refilling ink. Then use the plugs to seal the hole after refilling.

These plugs can be plugged and unplugged by fingers only. They never fall
into the ink tanks because of the hat on the plug. They are soft so they
seal
effectively. One plug will last on one cartridge forever. They really
solves
all the sealing problems I had before. You can find the refill kits on eBay
by searching Hobbicolors.

Good luck, folks.
Very good advice!
Been doing exactly that for years with excellent results.
Frank

Sam Louis

Good to hear that. Canon must know perfectly that they need to make it
somewhat not too difficult for people to refill their printers. They would
lose a good piece of the market if they don't. But they don't want to make
it too easy and lose the easy profit from people like Measekite. Canon
have raised prices by introducing CLI8 and PGI5 ink cartridges so that
Measekite will pay more. I suggest Canon to double the prices for their
cartridges. Measekite will pay without hesitation anyway.

measekite

Sam said:
Good to hear that. Canon must know perfectly that they need to make it
somewhat not too difficult for people to refill their printers. They
would
lose a good piece of the market if they don't. But they don't want to
make
it too easy and lose the easy profit from people like Measekite. Canon
have raised prices by introducing CLI8 and PGI5 ink cartridges so that
Measekite will pay more. I suggest Canon to double the prices for their
cartridges. Measekite will pay without hesitation anyway.

Now what exactly is stupid. Is it a lack of understanding or just
spewing out trash without thinking. I have the same fine printers I
have had for two years. I use the same ink that I have used for years
and I pay the same price. Now after considering the lack of inflation
and more money I actually pay less after adjusting for inflation.

So the following stupid statement is well
STUPID

Sam said:
Good to hear that. Canon must know perfectly that they need to make it
somewhat not too difficult for people to refill their printers. They would
lose a good piece of the market if they don't. But they don't want to make
it too easy and lose the easy profit from people like Measekite. Canon
have raised prices by introducing CLI8 and PGI5 ink cartridges so that
Measekite will pay more. I suggest Canon to double the prices for their
cartridges. Measekite will pay without hesitation anyway.

Yep...you got that one right! He'll do and say anything to promote oem
(ignorant fool he is). Hell, he's shot himself in the foot and painted
himself into a corner so many times as to be permanently hobbled and
forever stuck in the stupidity that we in this ng know him by.
But hey, he deserves all the credit cause he did it to himself!
****'em!
Frank