Referencing a cell/sorting

Zipper

From: "Preservation Solutions, Inc" <[email protected]>
To: "Joel Baugrud" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 8:25 AM

I am putting together a simple workbook. Fairly new to Excel but have had
extensive Lotus experiance in the past. Basically workbook consists of the
following:

Sheet One) Inventory including several columns I want to reference on other
sheets within workbook (e.g. Chemical Item, Quantity, Price, Vendor, etc). I
will want to add to this inventory.

Sheet Two) Manufactured Solution. Will have formula that references sheet
one to obtain availability of Chemicals involved, track pricing etc.

Sheet three, four.......) Similar to sheet two but tracking different
Manufactured solutions using different chemicals etc.

The problem) After referencing Sheet One, adding additional chemicals to the
inventory and sorting, the reference to other sheets is no longer the
desired chemical (reference). It references the CELL originally pointed to
NOT to the CHEMICAL originally pointed to.

Any help would be appreciated. I also played with H/V/Lookup to reference
across columns but it doesn't appear to solve problem once data is sorted.

Thanks for help
Joel

David McRitchie

I would suggest also using Ctrl+A (Select All Cells) before invoking
the sort.

You can run into problems with everything else if you are not careful:

When you select a column(s) only that(/those) column(s) will be sorted
other columns will be completely uneffected.