Recovering Data

Apollo

Hi,

A user has requested access to some archived data for a users who left 7
months ago. The data was located on a Win2003 standard server, however when
I go to look for the data it is not there! suspect this has been accidently
deleted but no-one is owning up to it. What programs exist that can restore
the data? (tried 'Get Data back' but this did not like the D: driver where
the data was kept) Also notice in the event logs that event 4 & 5 acpi
logged last week "APCI BIOS is attempting to write an illegal IO port
address which lies in a protect address range. could lead to system
instability" Help..!!!!

p.s. the data was originally on a Buffalo NAS box and copied to the server.
Belive these use a different file system, are there any data recovery
programs that I can use?

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Apollo,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, unfortunately, in such instances the data must be restored
from backup disk. If a backup does not exist, the disk data may be
recovered by third party disk recovery companies, and that is our
recommendation.

EasyRecovery DataRecovery

For more information about this utility, you may refer to the following
link from the internet:
http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecoverydatarecovery/

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web
site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.
Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or
information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any
representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any
software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use
of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make
sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software
from the Internet.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support