Recording multiple cam/sound inputs ?

Reaction score
I'd like to be able to record from 2 cameras and one mic at the same time and be able to RWD/FWD and play with all three in sync. I'm looking to be able to make video recordings with two different POV's. It doesn't matter if the video playback is in two seperate windows, in fact, I'd prefer it.

Does anybody know of some, perhaps, CCTV or Conferencing software that might let me do this, please ? I'd like to be able to help my students by recording them giving a presentation and showing them how they look/stand from the front and side...

Many thanks, in advance !

AJW

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I installed something like this about six or seven years ago at a College in Wandsworth, it was, as I remember, a four camera setup for recording student teachers giving lectures. It had one central microphone hung from the ceiling and a Microphone for the operator to give commentary.

Sorry I a little vague, it was some time ago and I haven't done anything similar since. I do remember it worked very well though.

I seem to recall it was a Matrox capture card with a breakout interface box and Adobe Premiere software and it wasn't cheap, cost about £1K2 at the time and that was just the Matrox card and Adobe Premiere before I added my 30% markup, labour and the cost of the rest of the stuff, including a computer.

I don't have the time (or inclination :D ) to check out all the possible permutations, but it's very likely worth your while to check out the Matrox site. Here it be

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, FBS ! The price sounds a bit scary, but I'll check out the site and see if there's some less expensive options... ;-)

Thanks again - it's always a pleasure to get a tip from someone whos avatar implies excellent taste in music too !

Ask a Question