Recording from radio

Eustace

I want to record from my pocket radio to the Online Radio Recorder
extension of Firefox that can record whatever is played in the laptop.
So I got from Radio Shack a cable that fits on the 1 side in the
earphones jack of my radio and the other in the microphone jack of my
laptop. When I plug it in my laptop, I am asked to choose between:

This device is my microphone.
This device is my line in.
Open SigmaTel Control Panel.
Take no action.

I tried the first 2 but nothing happened. What should I do?

emf

Motort

Eustace said:
I want to record from my pocket radio to the Online Radio Recorder
extension of Firefox that can record whatever is played in the laptop.
So I got from Radio Shack a cable that fits on the 1 side in the
earphones jack of my radio and the other in the microphone jack of my
laptop. When I plug it in my laptop, I am asked to choose between:

This device is my microphone.
This device is my line in.
Open SigmaTel Control Panel.
Take no action.

I tried the first 2 but nothing happened. What should I do?

emf
Which ever option you choose go to Start> all programs> Accessories>
Entertainment> Volume control. Make sure the option is NOT muted.

--
Ed Mc
Nam vet '66-'67

Semper Fi

Motort

Eustace said:
I want to record from my pocket radio to the Online Radio Recorder
extension of Firefox that can record whatever is played in the laptop.
So I got from Radio Shack a cable that fits on the 1 side in the
earphones jack of my radio and the other in the microphone jack of my
laptop. When I plug it in my laptop, I am asked to choose between:

This device is my microphone.
This device is my line in.
Open SigmaTel Control Panel.
Take no action.

I tried the first 2 but nothing happened. What should I do?

emf
Whichever option you use, go to Start> All programs> Accessories>
Entertainment> Volume control. Make sure the option is NOT muted.

--
Ed Mc
Nam vet '66-'67

Semper Fi

Jose

        Whichever option you use, go to Start> All programs> Accessories>
Entertainment> Volume control. Make sure the option is NOT muted.

--
Ed Mc
                                                     Nam vet '66-'67

Semper Fi

That would be the "Line In" in the volume control, correct?

Leythos

And be aware that PCBUTTS is still stalking myself and others in his
Usenet postings, showing that you would be dealing with an unethical and
dangerous person if you followed their advice. The website that he
directs you to has been used to contain filthy pornographic materials
that he has created, do you want to risk that?

Leythos

From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: Re: Recording from radio
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 13:08:38 -0700

And be aware that PCBUTTS is still stalking myself and others in his
Usenet postings, showing that you would be dealing with an unethical and
dangerous person if you followed their advice. The website that he
directs you to has been used to contain filthy pornographic materials
that he has created, do you want to risk that?

The above message is FAKE, while I did post the same content, the above
message is a faked message - the headers prove that I didn't make such
posts.

Don''t Impersonate Me

This is getting weirder and weirder. Not only is "someone" impersonating
Leythos and a number of regular posters, usually giving the same bad advice
("You need to format your hard [sic] and reinstall windows.") but now the
impersonator is pretending to be Leythos warning against the impersonator.

Leythos

This is getting weirder and weirder. Not only is "someone" impersonating
Leythos and a number of regular posters, usually giving the same bad advice
("You need to format your hard [sic] and reinstall windows.") but now the
impersonator is pretending to be Leythos warning against the impersonator.

He's done it in the past, many times, and the headers always give him
away. If you check the history of headers of the years you will see that
he ALWAYS slips up and posts from a sock account as himself sooner or
later...

Eustace

Hello,

In Volume Controller (double-click the volume icon in the bottom right),
make sure Line IN is not muted. You may also need to increase the volume to
hear the audio.

The volume controller is OK, but unfortunately the speakers don't play
what is coming from the line in...
________-
http://www.tompangbuddy.com
Share Cab, Carpool and Save Earth in Singapore
Video Conversion Service VHS Video8 Hi8 miniDv Digital8 VHS-C S-VHS tapes to
VCD/DVD

Jose

The volume controller is OK, but unfortunately the speakers don't play
what is coming from the line in...

Does the radio station have a WWW page to listen to live audio? What
is the station(s)?

If yes, there are freeware applications to record live streamed radio
broadcasts from WWW pages.

No cables, not external radio, no volume control settings - it is oh
so easy. The audio will play on your speakers and record at the same
time if that is what you want.

Use Google to search for: Online Radio Recorder

Jose

Eustace

Does the radio station have a WWW page to listen to live audio? What
is the station(s)?

If yes, there are freeware applications to record live streamed radio
broadcasts from WWW pages.

No cables, not external radio, no volume control settings - it is oh
so easy. The audio will play on your speakers and record at the same
time if that is what you want.

Use Google to search for: Online Radio Recorder

Jose

The radio station does have a www page to listen to live audio but the
connection is not reliable enough. -emf