Record on VHS-Tape

alex

Hi all,

I want to record some movies (divx,mpg) to a vhs-tape.
I have a ATI Radeon 9600 card. I've conected my pc to the tv, and the
vcr to the dvd-player. I can see my monitorscreen on my tv, so that's
not the problem.
But when I record to vhs, the screen is blue. I don't what to do to
get the movie on the tape. So I hope somebody can give me advise.

Gr. Alex.

Skid

Set your VCR to record whatever channel or input comes from the TV, channel
3 or video 1, etc. Or you could recable to go straight from the PC to the
VCR, then out to the TV.

Sleepy

you connect the tv-out to the scart input socket on the video and set the
video input to that socket and tv to the video channel. the bluescreen comes
from macrovision which is encoded into the film to prevent copying. go to
www.dvdidle.com to find the program that disables macrovision.

alex

Sleepy said:
you connect the tv-out to the scart input socket on the video and set the
video input to that socket and tv to the video channel. the bluescreen comes
from macrovision which is encoded into the film to prevent copying. go to
www.dvdidle.com to find the program that disables macrovision.
So my connections are wrong? I've connected my pc to the Extended-1
scart and my dvd to the tv in Extended-2 scart. When I put my vcr on
L1 (input select) I get this blue screen. But I must say that I've got
many devices on my tv/dvd. I have a Xbox, Canal+, VCR, DVD-player and
a receiver and it works good now.
The Canal+ decoder is connected to my VCR, the VCR to my dvd, the Xbox
to my tv on Extended-3. So I don't want to mess up with these
connections because now I have all audio of the devices through the
dolby 5.1 set. But is recording from an Extended channel possible in
my situation? I have to set my dvd-receiver to vcr and the tv on the
Extended-2 channel to watch vhs.

Laurence Wilmer

alex said:
"Sleepy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
So my connections are wrong? I've connected my pc to the Extended-1
scart and my dvd to the tv in Extended-2 scart. When I put my vcr on
L1 (input select) I get this blue screen. But I must say that I've got
many devices on my tv/dvd. I have a Xbox, Canal+, VCR, DVD-player and
a receiver and it works good now.
The Canal+ decoder is connected to my VCR, the VCR to my dvd, the Xbox
to my tv on Extended-3. So I don't want to mess up with these
connections because now I have all audio of the devices through the
dolby 5.1 set. But is recording from an Extended channel possible in
my situation? I have to set my dvd-receiver to vcr and the tv on the
Extended-2 channel to watch vhs.

I'm reading this trying to work out where the blue screen is coming from.
(I can't see that macrovision is going to kick in unless you are playing a
video or DVD).

If I switch my VCR to AV2 (which is where my ATI feeds in) with 2nd display
disabled I get a black, not blue screen.
Could it, perhaps, be your desktop background colour, with no desktop items
extended to 2nd display? In the first Control Panel screen (before
Advanced), it is easy to miss that you can select monitor 2 from a dropdown,
and then there is a check box to "extend desktop to this monitor".,
Quick check - send mouse off right screen edge monitor 1 should appear left
monitor 2.

Laurence

Sleepy

if you want to record a divx movie the svhs output of your graphics card has
to connect to your video recorder - if you have it connected instead to your
TV how is the signal supposed to get to the video ?
disconnect the xbox, dvd player etc (for simplicity) and just connect to
graphics card to L2 on the VCR - then use a scart lead to connect L1 from
the VCR to the back of the TV.
set the TV to the AV channel and set the VCR to record from L2 and start
playing your film. the other guy is right in that macrovision (and the loss
of picture) wont happen til the film is playing. if that happens use dvdidle
to disable the macrovision.