Recommended books

Fredrik Wahlgren

Hi

I'm currently learning .NET. I need to know more about the .NET framework.
The only book I have found for C++ programmers is one by Kate Gregory. What
other books are there for C++ programmers?

TIA,
Fredrik

Carl Daniel [VC++ MVP]

Fredrik said:
Hi

I'm currently learning .NET. I need to know more about the .NET
framework. The only book I have found for C++ programmers is one by
Kate Gregory. What other books are there for C++ programmers?

Are you asking about .NET books for C++ programmers, or C++ books for C++
programmers?

-cd

Fredrik Wahlgren

Carl Daniel said:
Are you asking about .NET books for C++ programmers, or C++ books for C++
programmers?

-cd

I want .NET books for C++ programmers:

/ Fredrik

Steve Marsden

I have purchased Managed C++ and .Net Devleopment by Stephen Fraser,
Published by APress amd found it excellent.

I also have Visual C++.NEt Step by Step 2003 edition by Julian Templeman and
Amdy Olsen, published by Microsoft press which is also very good.

Fredrik Wahlgren

Stevee,

Thank you for the recommendation. I will have a closer look at these books.

/ Fredrik

Steve Marsden said:
I have purchased Managed C++ and .Net Devleopment by Stephen Fraser,
Published by APress amd found it excellent.

I also have Visual C++.NEt Step by Step 2003 edition by Julian Templeman and
Amdy Olsen, published by Microsoft press which is also very good.

"Carl Daniel [VC++ MVP]"

I want .NET books for C++ programmers:

/ Fredrik

The Charles Petzold (Microsoft press) is great for all the ApiWIN32 functions
(full of examples easely adaptable), the Krulingski-Shepherd-Wing is great
for the MFC (MPress too).
Otherwise, not relative to Microsoft, the original book from the creator of
C++ is a "must" : B Stroustrup (AT&T)
see also
www.research.att.com/~bs/homepage.html

Thank you for opening this Thread. The responses were quite valuable. I'd
like to know of recommendations on the other side of your question:
Recommendations for C++ Programming for C++ Programmers.

I'm an experienced programmer, but new to C++/C language.

Thanks to all in advance to all,

Pat McAvoy
(e-mail address removed)

Fredrik Wahlgren

Hi

Umm, I think you made a typo. It seems as if here's a contradiction between
"Recommendations for C++ Programming for C++ Programmers."
and
"I'm an experienced programmer, but new to C++/C language"

Are you an experienced C programmer?

/Fredrik

Ioannis Vranos

Pat said:
Thank you for opening this Thread. The responses were quite valuable. I'd
like to know of recommendations on the other side of your question:
Recommendations for C++ Programming for C++ Programmers.

I'm an experienced programmer, but new to C++/C language.

Thanks to all in advance to all,

Pat McAvoy
(e-mail address removed)

"Accelerated C++" by Andrew Koenig, Barbara Moo.

http://www.acceleratedcpp.com