Reboot Due to Bug Check

D

Dave Paulson

I have had this problem for some time now and it seems to
be getting worse. My computer reboots for no good reason.
The Event log provides an "informational" message only
and says:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck
was: 0x0000000a (0x00000054, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,
0x804fb00c). A dump was saved in:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini113003-04.dmp.

The bugcheck is never the same memory code the one prior
was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0x8053455d, 0xf70b36a8,
0x00000000). A dump was saved in:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini113003-03.dmp.

There is no consistent pattern for rebooting. It even
reboots sometimes during the POST which makes me suspectt
a motherboard problem but I'm not sure how to prove it
except by replacing it. It is a 2 year old Soyo Dragon MB
with an Athlon 1.4 Ghz processor, 512mb memory. There are
no apparent driver conflicts. I have tried everything
from changing memory, increasing memory, removing
hardware devices, clean Windows XP install, Norton System
Works. The only thing I haven't done is analyzed the
memory dump.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

D

David Jones

Having reboots during POST, before Windows loads,
certainly points to a CPU or motherboard problem, since
you've swapped out all other hardware and RAM.

Is it possible it is overheating?

G

Not likely. It even does it when cold. Now, for instance,
I have been running it for several hours without a
problem. Heating problems usually occur over time. I have
a three year warranty but I wish I could absolutely
diagnose it as a mother board or CPU issue or they are
likely to try to weasel out of the warranty. Thanks for
the reply.

G

I have the exact same problem. I am a PC technician myself and both my friend (who's a PC/Network technician) can't get it fixed. We tried the exact same things you have - removing, adding, clean install, etc. We both think it's the motherboard too (the PC having issues has an ASUS motherboard not a SOYO like yours). I know, I've already gotten the lectures about how bad ASUS is but tell you what, that is the last time I let a MAN pick out a motherboard

All that the minidump file contains is jibberish, it's not helpful at all. It's kind of strange that even though all of my hardware is compatible, the OS hated everything when I tried to install XP. It was rebooting itself on it's own every 3-5 minutes but now that we got the drivers from the manufacturers instead of windows update, it works better but not 100%. Still reboots randomly... sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes not for hours... still, it is aggrivating when you're trying to work on something

G

I am having similar problem since last couple of days. A/V is updated, all patches are uptodate.
couple days back i have installed cisco VPN client , many times i had to kill installation since it was taking so long. after I read instructions for VPN, i removed my LAN( cable from DSL modem to network card) and then i was able to install.
since after pc is rebooting 2-3 times itself in a day , i thought to uninstall VPN its not letting me uninstall.

I am not able to figure out what is exact reason of rebooting itself.

G

Hello, If I am not mistaken? I think the problem is with some software you have Installed and the driver is not compatable with Xp. One software I know of is Easy cd creator 6, or versions before this one. Hp Printers, I have a HP printer and the drivers are not recognised by XP. Go to the help and support menu, and type in the search menu system summary Or my computer Information Status. Let the computer refresh, you might be able to find what is causing the fault there
I hope this helps.
Anyway I think Microsoft should be the ones to explain what is going on. They charge enough for their products?

Ask a Question