Really...?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
As if drivers needed another distraction... we now have the Steering Wheel Drum Set!
reinvent-the-wheel.jpg

Bored with driving? Now there's "Reinventing the Wheel (RITW)," a steering wheel cover that lets you entertain yourself by playing a drum set along with whatever you're listening to on your car stereo. And no, this is not a late April Fools' Day joke.
Made by the Smack Attack Corporation, the $149.99 device fits around an ordinary steering wheel, turning it into an electronic drum set that can play eight different drum sounds and a lot more.
Full story here: http://mashable.com/2013/04/18/steering-wheel-drum-set/

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's American, hopefully won't see the light of day here.

some things really are just, stupid. :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Think I can just about manage without one of these. :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Bad enough some cars have already got loads of buttons on the steering wheel....

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Soon people will be able to pay bills, cook meals, watch tv, play snooker and generally live there life behind the wheel of there cars..Ridiculous..:rolleyes:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Surely when people are driving the thing that they should be concentrating on is.... driving?! This just looks like a massive distraction. I can almost understand it for the US markets, as (from my limited experience) the roads tend to be big and quiet and everyone drives automatics.

Whatever next?! :rolleyes:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Surely when people are driving the thing that they should be concentrating on is.... driving?! This just looks like a massive distraction. I can almost understand it for the US markets, as (from my limited experience) the roads tend to be big and quiet and everyone drives automatics.

Whatever next?! :rolleyes:
Yes I agree, some of the roads in the US's wide-open spaces (...as seen on tv, we've never visited) would probably lend themselves to some boredom-breaking, but please, not over here!

It's bad enough to be waiting in a traffic queue at a nearby busy roundabout, to see how many drivers negotiate it with their right hand clasping a phone to their left ear... as they animatedly chat, and "steer" (badly) with their remaining hand. Quite scary. :eek:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The word "safety" should be removed from the American dictionary!:wall:

Ask a Question