RAID 01 or 10 with SATA

Hi all
I have recently purchased a ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard, with four identical SATA hard drives. I'm told I can set it up as either a RAID 10 or 01 system. I have selected all the bios settings corresctly (enables Promise RAID controller, SATA, bootrom enabled, etc), and installed XP Pro. It loads up OK, but won't let me stripe the boot drive - under manage, disk drives it "sees" only two - one the C, and the other an H drive. The intel controller sees the other two, but also won't let me mirror, as it says the oher two hard drives are dynamic
Can anyone help me out
Thanks
John

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Full instructions for setting up a RAID configuration are outlined
in the ASUS P4800 User's Guide.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

| Hi all.
| I have recently purchased a ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard, with four identical SATA hard drives. I'm
told I can set it up as either a RAID 10 or 01 system. I have selected all the bios settings corresctly
(enables Promise RAID controller, SATA, bootrom enabled, etc), and installed XP Pro. It loads up OK, but
won't let me stripe the boot drive - under manage, disk drives it "sees" only two - one the C, and the other
an H drive. The intel controller sees the other two, but also won't let me mirror, as it says the oher two
hard drives are dynamic.
| Can anyone help me out?
| Thanks,
| John

Sorry, but it appears that it only lists RAID 1 or RAID
0. Is there a way of making a boot drive striped across
two drives.... that might be a start.
Thanks for the quick reply.
John

Full instructions for setting up a RAID configuration are outlined
in the ASUS P4800 User's Guide.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

news:42441BE0-4C46-4EA8-B4BB- (e-mail address removed)...

| Hi all.
| I have recently purchased a ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe
motherboard, with four identical SATA hard drives. I'm
told I can set it up as either a RAID 10 or 01 system. I
have selected all the bios settings corresctly
(enables Promise RAID controller, SATA, bootrom enabled,
etc), and installed XP Pro. It loads up OK, but
won't let me stripe the boot drive - under manage, disk
drives it "sees" only two - one the C, and the other
an H drive. The intel controller sees the other two, but
also won't let me mirror, as it says the oher two

Star Fleet Admiral Q

That's RAID 0, and XP only supports hardware RAID, which means during setup
the hardware manufacturer supplies a special driver to XP to see the RAID
setup as one drive.