SATA Boot Error Asus A7n8x E

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a small problem I've been having

First I had a small power supply accident yesterday with a PC where the power was lost and the PC then refused to boot, giving a system/config error.

I attempted to access the recovery console and got a STOP: 0x00000024 error message along with the requisite blue screen when the pc attempted to access the boot drives.

The config is Asus A7N8x E Deluxe mobo with two 160gb Maxtor SATA drives configures as a striped RAID array.

I am able to boot into a environment with a BART PE disk but cannot get access to the twin SATA drives, a variety of drivers either give the same Stop error as mentioned above or allow me to see the drive as a unformatted volume.

I'm at the stage now where I'm considering a fresh install onto a IDE drive and a quick reformat of the RAID array, with my fingers crossed that restore2000 can pull something off the drive.

can anyone suggest anything less extreme???

TIA

randalf

Ask a Question