Query Criteria

• Thread starter Keith Yong via AccessMonster.com
  • Start date
K

Keith Yong via AccessMonster.com

Hi,

I have 4 separate reports to print and I have entered a criteria to search for the date of report to print. (ie: I have included [Enter the date of report] in the criteria field of all your queries: qry1, qry2, qry3 and qry4)

I have also created a simple macro to open and print all 4 reports at one click of a command button.

My question is, how do I enter the date criteria ONCE instead of 4 times when the criteria window pops up 4 times? How do I link them together?

Also, in my reports, some of my charts that I've included are based on the fields from my queries qry1,2,3&4. so when I want to print the reports, the criteria window will pop up many many times to ask for the date criteria. How do I, again, solve this issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated

D

Duane Hookom

You remove the parameter prompt and replace it with a reference to a control
on a form. For instance:
Forms!frmDate!txtRptDate
The form must be open with a valid date in the text box txtRptDate.

K

Hi Duane,

Sorry, I don't quite understand your instructions.

Do you mean I have to do this through forms?

I was refering to printing of reports. When I run a macro, it'll open each report one by one and each time a report opens, I have to type in ie: Jan2005 to print those reports with the date Jan2005.

K

Sorry, to add on, the charts in my reports are calculated fields in a query, which adds on to this problem of the prompt popping up when i need to input the date of the report for printing

Ask a Question