Q: 2 1920x1200 monitors woth Windows XP.

E

eM eL

Has anyone tried to stretch the Windows XP desktop on TWO WUXGA resolution
(1920x1200) monitors..?
If so, how well/bad does it look and could you share some details, such as video
card(s) and monitors used?
I'd like to set up my Visual Studio .NET (plus XML and such) tools this way.
TIA

--

E

eM eL

If you want them to look good you need to run them at 1920 by 1200.

Well... I know that...(although modern LCD screens scale down very well...)

Let me rephrase my question:
I'm about to purchase 2 24" WUXGA LCD screens with native resolution of 1920x1200.
I'd like to run them off a single Windows XP Pro machine at their native resolution,
but stretching the Windows desktop across two monitors.
I've been doing this with two 17" LCD screen running at 1280x1024 (natively) and the
desktop stretches nicely across these monitors (creating one long virtual display of
2560x1024) and I can put lots of things on the screen side-by-side (I need lots of
open and simultaneously visible windows.) Now, dual 1280x1024 displays (or 1024x768)
are fairly common in software development but I have yet to see a dual 1920x1200
setup with stretched Windoze XP desktop (that will be a looong display of 3840x1200
pixels...nice, ain't it?) hence my question about experiences. My workstations is
equipped with a graphic card capable of supporting such resolution so this is not a
problem.

Anyone..?

--

Ask a Question