Outlook Purchasing Outlook 2007 ?

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just purchased a new computer and need to buy a new version of Outlook.
My old computer was an xp and i sync,d with my HP Ipaq using outlook 2002 and microsoft active sync.
However my new computer is windows 7 prof 64bit and HP inform me that to get my Ipaq to work i would need to purchase Outlook 2007 and use windows mobile device centre.
My question is : can i buy the academic version of outlook and if so is it the same as the full version ?
I am not a student ( far from it) but my wife is a high school teacher - does this qualify?
I have checked on e-bay and a microsoft re-seller says there is no check on status whatsoever.
The full version is about £95 and the academic version can be had for £42

Andy

Reaction score
I think if your wife is a teacher you may be able to get the academic version?
Have you checked the microsoft HERE
Bottom of the page & also listed below.

*Important Note: Microsoft Office XP Standard for Students and Teachers is for qualifying students, parents/guardians or teachers only.
Student: must be enrolled on a full-time or part-time basis in a school, college or university, which is recognised by the applicable government agency.
Parent/Guardian: have children in the above category and wish to purchase on their behalf for their educational use.
Teacher: employed full-time or part-time to teach within any such school, college or university as above.

Reaction score
Thank you feckit.

Would you or anyone know if outlook 2007 will work on 64bit windows as well as 32bit , i seem to be gettin conflicting info.

Thanks again,

Andy.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yes, Outlook 2007 will work with Win 7 64 Bit.

For your missus to purchase the software I believe Microsoft normally require an e-mail address from the purchaser that's part of the School/College/Uni domain.

Reaction score
Thanks floppybootstamp , i,ve ordered from amazon as i had some gift vouchers for christmas , the school e-mail address is no problem.

Andy

Ask a Question