Publishing Problems

G

Hi Everyone!

I am encountering a problem when trying to publish my site. I am running FP2003. As I tried publishing new (minor) changes from my disc web to my remote web, I am getting an error that says: " Unable to open www.mywebsite.com these are the possible cause:
1. The web server may not have frontpage extensions installed
2. The web server may be temporarily out of service.
3. If you are connecting through a proxy server, the proxy settings are incorrect.
4. An error may have occured in the web server.
This error is occuring just after I click on " Publish web" then entering my id + password.
My webhost is Microsoft bcentral. Can anyone help with this? I just want to be sure it's not something that either I am doing or maybe not doing. I have never had this problem iin the past. Could it possibly be that my web server (bcentral) is down? Or does it signal something wrong on my end? HELP! Thanks in advance all!

Oh by the way, I have refreshed my extensions on my bcentral webhost control panel.

Henry Contreras

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Normally it would indicate a problem with the remote server. Make sure you are entering your URL as
http://www.yourdomainname.com

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Henry Contreras said:
Hi Everyone!

I am encountering a problem when trying to publish my site. I am running FP2003. As I tried
publishing new (minor) changes from my disc web to my remote web, I am getting an error that says: "
Unable to open www.mywebsite.com these are the possible cause:
1. The web server may not have frontpage extensions installed
2. The web server may be temporarily out of service.
3. If you are connecting through a proxy server, the proxy settings are incorrect.
4. An error may have occured in the web server.
This error is occuring just after I click on " Publish web" then entering my id + password.
My webhost is Microsoft bcentral. Can anyone help with this? I just want to be sure it's not
something that either I am doing or maybe not doing. I have never had this problem iin the past.
Could it possibly be that my web server (bcentral) is down? Or does it signal something wrong on my
end? HELP! Thanks in advance all!

G

It did do that, but now It's just hung up on "Listing subsites in http://www.mydomainname.com". Everything seems to be ok other than that. It's been hung up on that for about 20 minutes now. It's not giving me the error message anymore, just hung up. I tried shutting down and trying again and it's still the same. It's probably the remote server huh?

T

Thomas A. Rowe

If you have subsite, publish them independently of the rootweb.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Henry Contreras said:
It did do that, but now It's just hung up on "Listing subsites in http://www.mydomainname.com".
Everything seems to be ok other than that. It's been hung up on that for about 20 minutes now. It's
not giving me the error message anymore, just hung up. I tried shutting down and trying again and
it's still the same. It's probably the remote server huh?

T

Thomas A. Rowe

In the publishing dialog do not check to include subsites / subwebs when publishing

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Ask a Question