Publish to Hard Drive w/FP-Extensions

Attempting To:
------------------
Publish (opened with "open web") FP-2000 web pages in C:\Stoneham\My Web2\
to (a directory created via windows explorer) C:\Stoneham\webtown\. with FP
Extensions page includes counter and so I can use/test/learn ASP.

Destination directory is NOT a configured as a web directory (not sure how
that's done)

Results:
----------
Info. pop-up indicating certain features on pages will not function (i.e. FP
extension features). Opening published site show counter not working (and
assume ASP does not function either).

Environment:
------------------
Dell laptop 9300
Windows XP SP2 (updates up-to-date)
Front Page 2000 (upgrade from 98)
IIS ver 5.1

How (if possible) can I publish the web to my hard drive (I've been all
though the KB, e.g. 303254) and still no luck.

If so, will the local server use the FP-Extension to display the counter and
ASP results?

Is there parameters I need to change on the destination folder?
(I've been told not to publish to the default web (c:\inetpub\wwwroot).

Steve Easton

You need IIS installed on the machine and then install the extensions.

IIS is only available with Windows XP PRO
If you have XP Professional, install IS via Add/Remove programs > windows
components.

You would then publish your web to http://localhost/webname
Or to http://username/webname

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Rob Giordano \(Crash\)

because you can have more than one subweb under localhost.
http://localhost/maryhartman
http://localhost/marymary
etc...

<MaryHartman> wrote in message
| On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 19:10:18 -0500, "Steve Easton"
|
| >You need IIS installed on the machine and then install the extensions.
| >
| >IIS is only available with Windows XP PRO
| >If you have XP Professional, install IS via Add/Remove programs > windows
| >components.
| >
| >You would then publish your web to http://localhost/webname
| >Or to http://username/webname
|
| Now, you've got me wondering. And maybe I can learn something new?!*
| :>)
|
| I use only http://localhost Why is the /webname needed at the end?

To those who have reponded I apologize for not correctly identifying my
system environment...

I do have Dell pre-installed XP-Pro SP-2 w/all updates (not the Home ver)
and IIS ver 5.1. I have installed FP Server Extensions (not sure of ver #)
via IIS.

Rob Giordano \(Crash\)

C:\Stoneham\My Web2\mytestweb would be a "disc-based" web - no server
needed.

http://localhost/mytestweb would need IIS with FP extensions installed.