Protection against Adware and Spyware

Article Protection against Adware and Spyware

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
muckshifter submitted a new article:

Protection against Adware and Spyware - Protection against Adware and Spyware

First, let me make my opinion clear: The installation of adware should be illegal and harshly punished. Adware has exploded because it offers big economic incentives for its sponsors. They'll never adequately inform PC users about their software before it's installed. This troubling aspect of adware will never be wished away.

Only software that a PC user specifically consents to should legally be able to install ... and "end-user license agreements" that...

Read more about this article...

Last edited by a moderator:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Mucks

For me - absolutely great! I have been having loads of probs with my PC recently, all sorts of strange happenings when searching for things. A certain 123 Mania with some very dodgy content pppoing up all over the place. I have just signed up for the 30 day trial of Webroot Spy Sweeper and it came up with absolutely boat loads of stuff. I am thinking that we will buy post 30 days.

Thanks for your helpful article.

Gabriella x

Reaction score
How bout just downloading a free spyware and adware remover?? Cnet.com should have both for you for free. Run more then 1 always; but i suggest mulitple. Some find things others dont... Just make sure if your Spyware/adware remover only quarantines it at first... make sure you dump the quarantine folder before you run another program, or it will just find the same things again.

Reaction score
Interesting and informative, but incomplete.

If you want to stop browser-installed spyware, stop using Internet Explorer! :p

Seriously. There is absolutely no reason to be using IE, except for the increasingly rare site that you just must visit which uses ActiveX or some other MS quagmire. This is obviously just one geek's opinion, but why spend all those hours removing startup apps, tweaking Windows, just to turn around and install a bunch of programs that usurp your resources to compensate for a crappy browser?

Anyway, once you start actually using something like Firefox, you'll never turn back. :)

Ask a Question