Property Not Found

Novice2000

Hi,

I am attempting to import a text document as a table. I just imported two
other text documents as tables, but this one has the pop-up Property Not
Found.

What does that mean - what is wrong with the document? Thanks

dan dungan

Hi,

A search in this group for "property not found" returned these
suggestions:

2. sweetlisa1217 via AccessMonster.com

Thanks for your help, I was able to find a fieldname that was missing
from the Import Spec.

Klatuu wrote: >Be sure the field names in the spreadsheet, the import
spec and the table are >all the same.
Be sure the field names in the spreadsheet, the import spec and the table are >all the same.

These problems are discussed in the following MS Knowledge base
articles among others:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=292269
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=155666
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171955
or for Access 2002
http://support.microsoft.com/?Id=283881
___________________________________
2. Jerry Whittle
Nov 30 2007, 10:32 am
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.externaldata
From: Jerry Whittle <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:32:04 -0800
Subject: RE: "property not found"

There is a system file that stores import/export specs. If it gets
corrupted,
a compact and repair might not fix the table.

I suggest creating a new database file and importing everything over
from
your problem database. Hopefully that will hel.
____________________________________

4. John Nurick
Mar 23 2006, 11:46 pm
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.externaldata
From: John Nurick <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 06:46:24 +0000

Subject: Re: property not found when importing a text file into Access

If the import/export wizards don't work at all, or if you get "No
object
in this control" re-register ACCWIZ.DLL.

If it's one or more file formats that aren't listed, re-register the
following files
msexcl40.dll (Excel)
msxbse40.dll (dBase)
mspdox40.dll (Paradox)
mstext40.dll (Text, CSV, tab-delimited))
In Access 97, the filenames contain 35 instead of 40.

To re-register a DLL file,

1) Locate it (usually all these are in the Windows\System32 or
WINNT\System32 folder.

2) Locate the file regsvr32.exe.

3) Drag the DLL file's icon onto the regsvr32.exe icon.

Dan