Properties

G

I am new to the company I now work for and I am wading through the local policies left behind for me. I have a small user workgroup where we let people use the pc's for letters and simple spreadsheet stuff. The trouble I have is a local policy is in place and it prevents me from viewing properties. I can highlight a folder for instance, goto File and select properties. Thats where it dies. I want to change the users access to prevent the ability to save files to the hd, limiting them to a floppy only but I cant get into the bloody box...... Any ideas

Windows 2000 Professional workgroup, 4 workstations, local policy, not on the main computer network.

S

Steven L Umbach

Does this happen on all computers and what is the error message or behavior? ---
Steve

KollBrian said:
I am new to the company I now work for and I am wading through the local policies
left behind for me. I have a small user workgroup where we let people use the pc's
for letters and simple spreadsheet stuff. The trouble I have is a local policy is in
place and it prevents me from viewing properties. I can highlight a folder for
instance, goto File and select properties. Thats where it dies. I want to change
the users access to prevent the ability to save files to the hd, limiting them to a
floppy only but I cant get into the bloody box...... Any ideas?
Windows 2000 Professional workgroup, 4 workstations, local policy, not on the main
computer network.

Ask a Question